RCB PhD Biotech Admissions 2020
Regional Centre for Biotechnology has recently released a notification for RCB PhD Biotech Admissions 2020. Interested and eligible candidates are requested to go through the complete details and apply accordingly:
REGIONAL CENTRE FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY
PhD PROGRAMME IN BIOTECHNOLOGY
ADMISSIONS 2020 (MONSOON SESSION)
Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) offers a doctoral programme leading to the award of the Ph.D. degree in Biotechnology to students holding a post-graduate degree (or an equivalent) in any field of Science, medicine, or technology.
The selected students are required to undergo a course work followed by research leading to a doctoral thesis under the mentorship of its faculty.
The programme is suited to candidates having the interest to work at the interface of multiple disciplines in the areas related (but not limited) to structural biology, molecular medicine, infectious disease biology, agricultural biotechnology, systems and synthetic biology, cancer & cell biology. The details of the various research programs at RCB can be seen on our website (www.rcb.res.in).
i. Qualifications: MSc/MTech in any branch of Life Sciences/Chemistry/Physics/ MPharma/ MVSc/ MBBS or an equivalent degree.
ii. Qualifying Marks: 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in the qualifying degree examination (5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PwD allowed as per the GoI norms).
iii. No of seats: Twenty-five (25)
iv. Reservation of seats: As per the GoI guidelines.
v. In addition to the above, candidates should have qualified any of the following examinations and hold a valid fellowship at the time of interview:
- Joint CSIR-UGC test for Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR/UGC JRF)
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (DST-INSPIRE)
- DBT Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF)
- ICMR Junior Research Fellowship (ICMR-JRF)
- Any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government having a valid fellowship for a period of 5 years
The application shall be submitted as per the link given below. Subsequently, the application fee of Rs.500/-, if applicable, is to be submitted by the applicant before the due date. SC/ST /PwD/EWS candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. Eligible candidates will be called for a written test and/or interview from 02-03rd July 2020.
Providing false/incorrect information in the application form by the candidate or nonpossession of essential qualifications detected at any stage of the selection process/after will lead to disqualification/cancellation of admission of the candidate. The decision of the Competent Authority at RCB shall be final and binding in this regard.
The students admitted to the programme will have to avail the national level fellowship which they have qualified as mandatory requirement for admission to the programme. RCB will have no financial liability for the same.
The student admitted to the PhD programme will have to pay the following fees:
- Laboratory Fees: Rs. 6000 per semester
- Tuition Fees (1st & 2nd Semester Only): Rs. 6000 per semester
- Academic Administration Fees: Rs. 5000 per semester
- Medical Fees: Rs. 3000 per semester
- Student Amenities Fees: Rs. 1000 per semester
- Caution Money: Rs. 5000 (once, at the time of admission, refundable)
- Thesis Examination Fees: Rs. 10000 (at the time of submission of thesis)
- Hostel security and other charges will be applicable in case availing hostel facility.
Application Fee Rs.500/-
The last date of submitting online applications is 15th June 2020.
For any queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.