IIT Hyderabad PhD Admissions
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad has announced official notification for the PhD program at the Department of Biotechnology. IIT Hyderabad PhD Admissions 2020. Eligible and interested candidates are requested to check out the below-mentioned details:
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
Department of Biotechnology
PhD Admissions July 2020
The department of Biotechnology has faculty members with cutting-edge research expertise in areas encompassing both applied and basic research:
NMR spectroscopy, X-ray crystallography, Computational biology, Neurodegenerative diseases, Ion channel physiology, Protein misfolding diseases, Infectious diseases, HIV biology, Cancer biology, DNA repair, Molecular mechanisms of diseases using zebrafish animal model, High-resolution imaging, Molecular & cellular neurosciences, RNA molecular biology, Genomics and Epitranscriptomics, Drug design and Enzyme Engineering.
Research activities in the department are funded by national agencies such as DBT, DST, ICMR, CSIR, etc.
Two postgraduate degree programs are offered currently: MTech in Medical Biotechnology & Ph.D. in Biotechnology.
The mission of the Ph.D. program at the department is to provide research training that begets leaders in academia, biotechnology and beyond; leaders that can shape the science of the future.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and motivated candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program at Department of Biotechnology, IITH in the following research area:
|Membrane protein dynamics in breast cancer, drug discovery using animal models||Dr. Anamika Bhargava|
|DNA repair||Dr. Anindya Roy|
|Cancer Genomics and biomarker discovery, RNA Biology, Protein Engineering, Epitranscriptomics, Computational biology and data mining||Dr. Ashish Misra (***)|
|Molecular mechanism of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) disease. Protein misfolding diseases. Yeast S. cerevisiae genetics. Neurodegenerative diseases, Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington’s disease. Renal amyloidosis.||Dr. Basant K Patel|
|DNA-Protein and protein-protein interaction in the innate immune response to cancer and viral infection.||Dr. N K Raghavendra|
|Epigenetics, Enzyme engineering, Structure-based drug design, Structural Biology, X-ray crystallography, Biophysics & Biochemistry, Computational biology, Characterization of cancer drug targets||Dr. Rajakumara Eerappa (###)|
|Microbial genomics, Antimicrobial resistance, Antigen/protein interaction, Protein…protein interaction, Rational antibiotic design, Biomolecular NMR, Molecular dynamics simulation||Dr T. Rathinavelan|
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- M.Tech or any equivalent degree in any allied area of Life Sciences.
- MSc degree in any allied area of Life Sciences and possessing a GATE score or valid National level JRF qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology and possessing a valid GATE score.
- Candidates with valid CSIR-JRF / UGC-JRF/ DBT-JRF award or any other equivalent national level qualification for research fellowship (eg. DST-INSPIRE fellowship) are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should also possess:
- General category: at least 63% marks in the highest qualifying degree
- OBC category: at least 62% marks in the highest qualifying degree
- SC/ST category: at least 60% marks in the highest qualifying degree
For those who have not yet completed their qualifying examination, the marks obtained up to 3 rd semester for MSc/Mtech and 7 th semester for B. Tech Students will be considered.
(***): Candidates with experience/interest in computational biology and data mining are encouraged to apply.
(###): Candidates with experience/interest in Machine or Deep learning and molecular modeling and prediction are encouraged to apply.
Notes: 1) Ensure that the minimum eligibility criteria is met before applying. The department reserves the right to set any cut off criteria for shortlisting the candidates.
1) Candidates will be shortlisted according to the criteria set by a shortlisting committee.
2) Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview to be held at IIT Hyderabad.
3) The selection to the Ph.D. program will be based on the performance in the interview.
4) Request to change the interview date/time will not be entertained.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply online through IIT Hyderabad’s website: http://www.iith.ac.in
For any further information, please contact by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The department has the right not to select any candidate if appropriate candidates are not found.
- Hostel facility may not be available immediately to the admitted candidates, but, may eventually be available.