TERI SAS- MSc Plant Biotech Admissions 2020
TERI School of Advanced Studies Admissions 2020
TERI SAS- MSc Biotech Admissions notification is out. Admissions for MSc. Plant Biotechnology is currently open at TERI SAS, School of Advanced studies. Apply now! and get an admission into TERI SAS. Details are given below:
About TERI SAS:
The Department of Biotechnology at the TERI SAS was established to facilitate capacity building in the field of biotechnology and to address prevailing lacunae in education policies that are critical for its balanced promotion.
The department focuses on inculcating scientific temper, analytical reasoning, original creative thinking and logical thought process critical for research. It promotes sensitization to issues concerning ethics, regulations and management vital to biotechnology. T
hrough an academically rigorous and interdisciplinary environment, the department seeks to meet national requirements in basic science as well as agricultural and environmental applications. The department offers MSc and PhD programmes in biotechnology.
MSc. Plant Biotechnology at TERI SAS:
The MSc. programme in Plant Biotechnology seeks to provide education and training, empower students with technical skill-set, create capacities and build career opportunities in three key domains of biotechnology namely:
- Research and Development (academic and industrial sectors)
- Bio-business companies, breweries, seed industries, pharmaceutical companies, dairies.
- Forensics and diagnostic centres
This is achieved through a combination of interdisciplinary curricula as well as intensive laboratory work. Through its unique pedagogical methods, the academic programme allows transferability of acquired skills in domains unrelated to biotech sectors. Students are expected to have both specialized knowledge and practical experience for addressing contemporary problems in both academic and industrial setting.
The objective of the programme is to highlight the role played by biotechnology in modern society and its relevance to sustainable development. It seeks to provide the following:
- To advance education and research in Plant Biotechnology and explore sustainable solutions for agriculture, environment and energy sectors.
- Promote an understanding of interdisciplinary approaches and technologies used in the analysis of complex biological information.
- Impart rigorous hands-on training in both laboratory-based methods and bioinformatics tools for biological research.
- Sensitize students about multifaceted regulatory issues and ethical concerns related to biotechnology.
How to Apply at TERI SAS- MSc Biotech Admissions 2020:
M.Sc. (Plant Biotechnology): A Bachelor’s degree in Sciences/Engineering/Technology.
M.Sc. (Plant Biotechnology): Admission to the M Sc programmes is made on the basis of an online test and interview conducted by the University. Applications are invited from the candidates by advertising the programmes in some leading newspapers every year. The online test will be one-hour long and will consist of one paper with 100 multiple-choice questions.
The questions will be divided into three sections:
- Proficiency in English
- Analytical reasoning
- Quantitative ability
Wrong answers would invite negative marking. This would be followed by an interview.