IIT Kanpur MTech/PhD Admissions 2020
Biological Sciences & Bio-Engineering IIT Kanpur Admissions 2020
PhD (Engg.): Biological Sciences & Bio-Engineering
MTech: Biological Sciences & Bio-Engineering
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS for IIT Kanpur Admissions 2020:
GENERAL INFORMATION for IIT Kanpur Admissions 2020:
Detailed information on PG programmes offered at IIT Kanpur is available at:
For Indian Candidates:
Reservations [EWS/SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/DAP] shall apply as per Government of India (GoI) norms.
For Application Form, Reference Letter Form, Information Brochure, Eligibility Criteria and other relevant details, please visit: Click Here for More Information!
Students who are in the final year of their programme (likely to finish the program by July 15, 2020) may also apply and secure provisional admission for the session commencing in July 2020 (2020-21-I Semester).
Financial support (Institute Assistantship/Scholarship) will be provided to non-sponsored MTech, MDes, PhD and MS (By Research) students.
Those employed in industry or a college/university/institute may apply for admission as sponsored, external or part-time candidates. Further information on these categories of admissions is available at: To Know More!
For Foreign Candidates:
Details on the admission for foreign candidates can be found at:
- The online applications portal (for Indian Nationals only) will be available from 16/03/2020 (01:00 PM) up to 07/04/2020 (11:59 PM).
- Indian Nationals can apply only through online mode of application. Foreign Nationals can apply only through offline mode. The last date for receiving applications in both offline and online modes is 07/04/2020.
- Offline Application Form (for Foreign Nationals only) (common form for PhD, MTech, MDes and MS (By Research)) can be downloaded from:
Imp. Links >>>>
- PhD applicants must arrange for two letters of reference as well. For this purpose, the names of the referees along with their e-mail addresses are to be provided by the candidate at the online applications portal. The referees will be contacted electronically through an auto-generated mail with a request to submit their recommendations online.
- MTech Admissions: All the admission offers to GATE qualified candidates will be displayed on the Common Offer AcceptancePortal (COAP). Candidates must register at the COAP portal for viewing and accepting their offers. Registration on the COAP portal is free. Candidates are advised to download COAP 2020 information brochure and follow the guidelines (http://coap.iitm.ac.in) for participation. For these candidates, the COAP Registration number is mandatory for applying at the IIT Kanpur Admission Portal. The offers to candidates who have not qualified GATE will be communicated directly to the candidates by the department via E-mail.
- The application fee is Rs.400 for General, EWS and OBC candidates and Rs.200 for SC/ST and all DAP candidates (including General, EWS and OBC). The application fee is waived for candidates in the ‘Foreign National’ category.
- The separate application form is to be filled for each programme.