IIT Guwahati PhD/M.Tech Admissions 2020
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for July 2020 Session Admission to the
Post-Graduate (M.Tech) and PhD programmes of IIT Guwahati.
- To apply for admission to the PhD Programme in Science Departments, a candidate must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in Science in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.0 out of 10 or a minimum 60% of marks.
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Design in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of either 6.0 out of 10 or a minimum 60% of marks.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in a related area in Engineering/ Technology/ Design/ Science in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.0 out of 10 or a minimum 70% of marks.
- For receiving assistantship in PhD programmes in Science Disciplines, a candidate must have a minimum qualifying Post-Graduate Degree in Basic Sciences OR Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
1) Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests – UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE
2) The selection process through National level examinations conducted by MHRD and its Agencies and Institutions such as UGC/IIT/IISc./IISER/IIIT, etc.
Relaxation for SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates: The CPI or percentage marks in above-mentioned eligibility requirements will be relaxed by 0.5 CPI or by 5% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
Institute assistantships For the PhD programme
Institute assistantships will be available to eligible students as per prevailing (MHRD, GOI) norms, as applicable from time to time. The present rates of assistantships are as below:
Qualifying Degree: BE/BTech/MSc equivalent with valid and qualifying GATE score above the prescribed cut off level [valid and qualifying CEED score (for Dept. of Design)]/NET/INSPIRE qualification [GATE/CEED score requirement/NET qualification is exempted for students with Bachelor’s degree from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) with minimum CPI of 8.0]
- Assistantship Rates: 1st & 2ndYear: Rs.16,000/- p.m. Up to 5th Year: Rs.18,000/- p.m.
- Qualifying Degree: ME/MTech or equivalent
- Assistantship Rates: 1st & 2ndYear: Rs.18,000/- p.m. 3rd t & 4th Year : Rs.20,000/- p.m.
1) Assistantships from external funding organizations will be available as per the terms and conditions of the concerned funding organizations.
2) Students receiving assistantships from the Institute or fellowships from any other funding agencies, are required to perform academic duties as per prevailing norms.
3) The continuation of the assistantship/fellowship is subject to satisfactory performance of the assigned duties and satisfactory progress of the student in the PhD Programme.
Date Schedule of Selection Process for July 2020 Session Admission to PhD Programmes:
For Notification Regarding candidates shortlisted for written test and/ or interview and also regarding candidates selected for admission, admission offer letter, etc., IIT Guwahati will NOT send any hard copy letter to the candidates by post.
Candidates are instructed to regularly visit this webpage and also the webpage of the concerned Department/ Centre to know the details regarding shortlisted candidates for written test/interview, selected candidates for admission, etc.
The candidates who have been called for the selection process (Written test and/or Interview) are instructed to bring (downloaded and printed) copy of their PhD online applications, Color Passport Size Photograph, Photocopy of all certificates and documents along with Original Certificates and Documents at the time of appearing for the selection process.
Dates for Selection Process:
- May 20-21, 2020 (Wednesday-Thursday)
Details (Selection Process):
Application (& Processing) Fee Amount
The details of the Application (online/ offline-paper form) & Processing Fee are as follows:
|All Female Candidates :||Rs.150/-|
|All Transgender Candidates :||Rs.150/-|
|All SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates :||Rs.150/-|
|All Other Candidates :||Rs.300/-|