NCCS PhD Admission
NCCS Pune has announced the notification for its Ph.D. program admission for the August 2020 session. NCCS Ph.D. Admission August 2020 session. Check out below for more information on how to apply and eligibility criteria:
National Centre for Cell Science, Pune
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
NCCS Complex, S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 007.
Ph. No. 020-25708000
National Centre for Cell Science, Pune is currently accepting applications from eligible candidates for admission as Junior Research Fellow to the Ph.D. program of August 2020 session.
The candidates should be a bonafide Indian citizen, having a consistently good academic record with strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree and with eligibility mentioned below should apply for the same. Students with a postgraduate degree and having valid junior research fellowship from CSIR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire with NET-LS or GATE/ DBT/ ICMR/ BINC all are eligible to apply.
Students with a post-graduate degree who do not have a fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS examination conducted by NCBS/TIFR held on 08th December 2019 are eligible to apply. However, candidates those are shortlisted by NCCS criteria will only be called for interview. A limited number of fellowships will be provided by NCCS to the selected students, who do not have fellowship (from CSIR/ DBT/ ICMR/ UGC/ DST-Inspire/BINC) but have qualified JGEEBILS and are selected by NCCS. Submission of application to the NCCS-PhD programme does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling NCCS criteria will have to appear for the interview to be held at NCCS on 23th and 24th June 2020. Detailed eligibility conditions are given hereunder.
Eligibility for NCCS PhD Programme
Should have Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Sciences with interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology, having at least 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) (A relaxation of 5% of marks, shall be allowed for Reserved Categories SC/ST/OBC and Persons With Disabilities ) and with a valid fellowship from CSIR/UGC/DST-Inspire qualified in NET-LS or GATE/DBT/BINC, etc.
Students with a post-graduate degree, who do not have individual fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS exam conducted by NCBS/TIFR on 08th December 2019 will be eligible to apply. Students will be shortlisted based on JGEEBILS results by NCCS criteria for interview. NCCS decision in this regard will be final. Please write your GEEBILS December 2019 Reference Code on the top of the application form at the designated place.
How to apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their typed application in the prescribed format (as below). The completed hardcopy application form along with the self-attested copies of M.Sc. marks statement and Fellowship certificate/admit card should reach the Dean (Academics), National Centre for Cell Science, S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 007 on or before 15th May 2020.
- Second class train fare by shortest route will be paid to SC/ST Candidates as per rules, for attending the interview.
- Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay at Pune. Selected candidates will need to stay for two days more for interaction and finalization of the guide.
1) Candidates who have qualified only for Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) and the “Project list of ICMR” are not eligible.
2) NCCS’s Ph.D. program is a fully residential program. The selected candidates will have to stay on campus.
3) Students who have a fellowship and are expected to be awarded M. Sc, Degree by the end of the July-2020 are also eligible to apply. Their selection will be provisional and will be canceled if they are unable to provide proof of fulfilling eligibility criteria by end of November 2020. No further request for time extension will be entertained.
4) All the eligible complete applications received within the last date will be screened and shortlisted candidates will be called for interview as per the schedule given below.
5) Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be directed by the funding agency awarding the fellowship. The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PWD and 3 years in case of OBC candidates, or as applicable.
6) Fellowship will be activated as per the respective funding agencies guidelines on Direct Benefit Transfer basis.
7) Reservation will be as per Government of India guidelines.
8) SC/ST/OBC candidates should also attach a true copy of the Caste Certificate / Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals that should be produced at the time of the Interview.
9) An application fee of Rs. 100/- only (Rs. One hundred only) should be sent along with the application form in the form of a Demand Draft payable to DIRECTOR, NCCS at PUNE. There is no application fee for SC/ST/ PWD students.