INST PhD Program Admission 2020
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) has announced the official notification for its prestigious PhD Program starting in August 2020. INST PhD Program Admission August 2020 Session. Check complete details below:
INSTITUTE OF NANO SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
HABITAT CENTRE, PHASE X, SECTOR 64, MOHALI – 160062, PUNJAB
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST) invites applications from prospective candidates for admission into its Ph.D. Program in several areas of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology for the session beginning in August 2020. The profile of the Faculty members at INST is accessible at http://www.inst.ac.in/scientists.php. Ph.D. students will be provided a fellowship as per INST norms.
Interested candidates with a good academic track record and a strong intent to pursue Ph.D. in areas related to Nanoscience and Technology like devices, materials for energy applications (photocatalysts, electrocatalysts, supercapacitors, hydrogen generation & storage), Smart materials (organic/inorganic), Sensors, Therapeutics etc. Students with an independent source of fellowship, such as, CSIR-NET (JRF), UGC-NET (JRF), etc are encouraged to apply.
M.Sc. in (Physics/Chemistry/Material Sciences/Life Sciences)/ M.Pharm./ M.Tech. in Basic, Applied Sciences or Engineering and related areas
GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS)/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/ DST-INSPIRE/ GPAT.
Students registered with IISER Mohali for their BS-MS program can apply as per IISER Mohali’s norm.
- The application form for the Ph.D. program can be downloaded from Institute website http://inst.ac.in/careers.php
- The duly filled APPLICATION FORM and online SYNOPSIS accessible at the link should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as an advance copy of the application.
- The hard copy of the application with the following documents should be sent to “The Director, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Habitat Centre, Phase – 10, Sector – 64, Mohali, Punjab-160062” so as to reach on or before due date:
a) Photograph duly pasted on the application form.
b) Application fees.
c) Self-Attested photocopies of Certificates/Testimonials in support of age, educational qualifications (Mark Sheet, Degrees & Certificates of class X and above).
d) Experience certificate in case of a working candidate.
e) Self-attested photocopy in support of SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category (Should be Valid).
- The envelope containing the application form should superscribe “Application for the Ph.D. Program – August 2020”.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. The list of the shortlisted candidates will be uploaded to the Institute website and communication will be sent to candidates via the email address provided by the candidate.
- The candidates called for interview will be paid sleeper class rail fare or Non-AC Bus Fare (on the production of the ticket) from the place of residence to Institute and back.
- The candidate are advised to visit the Institute website (www.inst.ac.in) frequently to track the latest developments.
The aforesaid application documents should be accompanied by a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 590/- for General/OBC or Rs. 295/- for SC/ST/PH drawn in favor of Director INST, Mohali (payable either at Mohali or at Chandigarh). Please mention your name on the reverse of the DD.
Applications from interested students should reach INST through Registered/ Speed Post/ Courier/ By Hand, by 10th APRIL, 2020. Applications received after this date shall not be entertained in any case.
Award of the Degree: It may please be noted Ph.D. students registered with INST will also have to register at IISER, Mohali for their Ph.D. degree (http://www.iisermohali.ac.in/)