IISER Tvm PhD Admissions 2020
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM)
IISER Tvm PhD Admissions 2020 Notifications are out. Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the PhD programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) in Biological (SoB), Chemical (SoC), Mathematical (SoM), and Physical (SoP) Sciences for the session starting from August 2020, i.e., Varsha 2020 semester. Candidates are required to apply through the online portal only at IISER Tvm PhD Admissions 2020.
The online application portal will be open from 01/03/2020 at http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd/
- 7.5 CGPA in 10-point scale (or first-class equivalent) or first-class Master’s degree in relevant areas as declared by the respective University.
- The candidate must have qualified either of the following examinations: CSIR-UGC, UGC-NET-JRF and GATE with validity as of August 2020. Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship or fellowship through any other national-level examinations as mentioned.
BSMS students from any of the IISERs with CGPA 8 or above on a 10 point scale are exempted from national level eligibility test
SCHOOL: Biological Sciences
RELEVANT AREAS: Biological Sciences/ Mathematics/ Bioinformatics/Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS)
- Eligibility Criteria 1
- Eligibility Criteria 2
DBT-JRF (Category I), ICMR-JRF
Note: Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category I DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university/institution in India. Fellowships restricted to join DBT or ICMR-sponsored projects are not eligible.
GATE (EY, XL and BT only)
Note: GATE (EY) qualified candidates will be considered only for Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour. GATE (XL) or GATE (BT) qualified candidates will be considered only for Bioinformatics.
Note: Candidates who have appeared for the JGEEBILS 2020 test can apply.
#JGEEBILS and GATE (EY, XL and BT only) candidates may be further shortlisted by IISER TVM PhD applications shortlisting committee based on the marks/score.
In situations where no University declaration exists about first-class, UGC regulations on eligibility criteria will be followed.
To know about the various Research Areas, Click on the link below:
The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a written test/interview at IISER TVM. The final selection of the candidates will solely be based on the performance in the interview.
In the School of Biology, there will be two rounds of interviews. In case of a high turnout of candidates, an entrance exam will be conducted (based on Master’s-level Biology questions for 70% marks and 12th-level Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry questions for 30%) on the first day of interviews. be two rounds of interviews. In case of a high turnout of candidate
|Opening of the online application portal||01 March 2020|
|Last date for receipt of online applications||30 April 2020|
|Tentative Interview Dates|
|Biological Sciences||15 – 17 June 2020|
|Chemical Sciences||11 – 12 June 2020|
|Mathematical Sciences||08 – 09 June 2020|
|Physical Sciences||01 – 02 June 2020|
|Reporting time for all candidates||8.30 AM on the first day of the interview|
|Venue||IISER TVM, Vithura Campus|
NB: Hostel accommodation will be available on the campus for candidates only on request in advance.
- Applicants should complete the online application form at the URL: http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd
- Only applications complete in all respects would be considered. Do not forget to click the “Submit” button after completing your application.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents online.
- Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email addresses of two referees in the application form.
- Applicants belonging to GE/OBC and SC/ST/PH categories are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- and Rs. 250/-, respectively, as a processing fee online at https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgement email with a unique application number.
- Applicants are NOT required to post a hard copy of the application to IISER TVM.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact the PhD coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other mode of communication will not be entertained.
- Mere fulfilment of the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be called for the written test and/or interview.
For the School of Biology, it is mandatory for all the candidates to submit a short research proposal of 300-400 words, which should clearly state a research problem you find interesting to address and how you approach towards solving this. While applying online, please upload this proposal under the section “Statement of Purpose”. Please note the proposal does not need to be related to the research ongoing at the School of Biology, IISER TVM. The proposal will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude and will be a major criterion for short-listing candidates for the interview.
- Relaxation for reserved categories to the eligibility criteria will be applicable as per Government of India rules.
- Candidates who meet minimum eligibility criteria for obtaining INSPIRE PhD fellowship as per the DST guidelines can also apply. In the event of being shortlisted, and successfully cleared in the interview, the candidate shall be provisionally admitted for the PhD program. The admission shall be cancelled if the candidate cannot submit necessary documents to INSPIRE PhD fellowship at the time of registration.