IISER Kolkata Summer Research Programme
IISER Kolkata is currently inviting applications for Summer Student Research Programme 2020. Interested candidates with relevant qualifications are encouraged to go through the details given below and apply online for the summer internship program.
IISER Kolkata Summer Research Programme is aimed to provide B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech., and B.E. students of Institutions or Universities an opportunity of exposure to a research environment by associating them with one of the Research Groups of IISER during the summer vacation.
- The length of IISER Kolkata’s Summer Research Program is from 11 May until 10 July 2020.
- ONLY applications submitted through the online portal will be considered for Summer Internship 2020.
- Each selected candidate will be formally associated with a Faculty Member of the Institute.
- After joining, each candidate needs an original certificate from the currently affiliated organization (HoD/Supervisor, on letterhead) that she/he is not getting any other financial support. Along with the original certificate, the candidate has to submit a no-objection certificate from the currently affiliated organization (HoD/ Supervisor, on letterhead) as well.
- For funded interns, a consolidated Fellowship amount will be deposited in the intern’s bank account directly at the end of the program.
- Lodging on campus is compulsory and is chargeable.
- Hostel Accommodation (Rs. 125.00 per week) and Bedding (Rs. 35.00 per day) charges for the duration of the entire stay need to be paid at the time of joining. Students can bring their own bedding.
- Selected candidates will get access to computational and library facilities.
- Each candidate must submit a formal Joining report within 1 week of joining. See the link in the portal for joining details. Please note that the address and bank account details (if any) submitted by the candidates will be treated final. The institute will not be liable for this information.
- Selected students should join the Program no later than one week from 11th May. Selected students should not come to join on Saturday or Sunday since hostel accommodation and other formalities cannot be made available during weekends.
- A participation certificate will be awarded at the end of the Programme, subject to the submission of a Project Report.
Students having KVPY/INSPIRE or any other summer research fellowship, and those selected under the Indian Academy of Sciences summer fellowship programme will receive financial support from the respective sponsoring organization. There is a provision for a limited number of IISER-K summer research fellowships, the details of which will be notified in due time.
The Fellowship is of Rs.1250.00 per week or Rs. 10000.00 for eight weeks.
Staying on-campus accommodation throughout the period of the visit is mandatory unless the research work requires traveling.
Selected candidates must abide by the rules and regulations applicable to the regular students of IISER-K.
Submission of a Final Project Report is mandatory for the award of completion certificate.
You may select a maximum of two faculty members in order of your preference in the application form. Please click here to see faculty profiles
- Application portal opens: 21st Feb 2020
- Application portal closes: 17th March 2020 at 4.00 PM
- Publication of list of selected candidates: 31st March 2020
- Last date of receiving confirmation from selected candidates: 7th April 2020
- Summer research program begins: 11th May 2020
- Summer research program ends: 10th July 2020
For any queries on submission of online applications please write to email@example.com