DBT-Research Associateship in Biotechnology and Life Sciences
The official notification for DBT-Research Associateship in Biotechnology and Life Sciences 2020 has been released. Applications are encouraged from Indian nationals for the award of ‘DBT-Research Associateship’ for conducting research in frontier areas of Biotech and Life Sciences.
The Associateship is tenable in Premier Research Institutions/ Universities including non-profit R&D Institutions within India. The Associateships are awarded under a program sponsored by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt of India.
The objective of the Program: To train post-doctoral students in frontier areas of research in Biotechnology and Life Sciences at premier institutions in India.
The number of fellowships per year: Up to 75 Fellowships would be awarded every year. Depending on the utility of the program, the number of fellowships to be awarded per year may be revised.
- The applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree in Science, Engineering or M.D. or an M.S. degree in any area of medicine with research interests in Biotechnology and Life Sciences and a good academic record.
- Those who have already submitted the Ph.D./M.D./M.S., thesis are also eligible to apply.
- The applicants should preferably be below the age of 40 years, and 45 years in the case of women candidates.
- Persons already employed are also eligible to apply. However, their applications should be routed through their employers.
How to apply:
A hard copy of the application with necessary documents should be speed-posted to The National Program Coordinator, DBT-Research Associateship Program, Department of Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics, New Biological Sciences Building, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru 560 012.
- Write ‘Application for DBT-RA Fellowship (National)’ on the envelope.
For DBT-Research Associateship (North-East Region)
- Write ‘Application for DBT-RA Fellowship (NorthEast)’ on the envelope.
The last date for receiving the completed application at the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, is 20 March 2020.