IITB Monash Research Academy PhD Admissions 2020
Apply to the PhD Program 2020
IITB Monash Research Academy invites applications for PhD Admissions 2020
- The last date for submission: Expression of Interest (EOI) form is 16 March 2020.
Exceptional students whose intended area of study aligns with the research priorities of the IITB-Monash Research Academy are invited to apply for the Joint PhD program.
The minimum entrance requirements for PhD admission are:
- First-class or equivalent Master’s degree in a range of disciplines
- First-class Bachelor’s degree and a valid GATE score
Satisfying requirements of academic qualifications and English Language proficiency of Monash University.
- Candidates without a valid GATE score or research fellowship can be considered for admission if they have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
- Competition for places is high and a competitive selection process is applied to all applicants.
Step 1: EOI
- The first step of the admissions process is the Expression of Interest (EOI) stage. In this stage, candidates fill in an EOI form Online.
- Please click on the Expression of Interest (EOI) form to enable us to adequately evaluate your background, academic record and research interests.
- If your EOI form is found to be suitable, you will receive an email indicating you are able to proceed to Step 2 of the application stage.
- If your EOI form is found to be suitable, you will need to download and complete the full application form, Form A.
- Candidates who are successful in this EOI stage will be invited to go Step-2 once the EOI stage is completed.
- Contained in this invitation email will be a unique Form A Number (FAN). This email will be sent only after the EOI stage is completed
Step 2: Form A
- If your EOI form is found to be suitable, you will be notified via email and you will receive a unique FAN number.
- You need the FAN number to upload your Form-A online.
- At this stage, you will need to upload your transcripts, publications, certificates, etc and make project selections too.
- For logging in to the Form A site, use your unique Form A Number (FAN). Do not give this FAN to anyone else. It is for your use only.
- Moreover, you can use your FAN only once. At the site, you will need to upload your Form A as well as copies of all of your academic transcripts, publications GATE score sheet, and other supporting documentation.
- Remember again that you will only have one opportunity to use your FAN to login to the site to upload all of your documentation related to the applications-process.
- So it will be most optimal if you collect all documentation relating to your application before visiting the site.
The Academy has created some clusters to better describe submitted research projects. This will aid in a more streamlined student recruitment process and other benefits for categorising the research that is undertaken at The Academy.
- Material Science/Engineering (including Nano, Metallurgy)
- Energy, Green Chem, Chemistry, Catalysis, Reaction Eng
- Math, CFD, Modelling, Manufacturing
- CSE, IT, Optimisation, Data, Sensors, Systems, Signal Processing, Control
- Earth Sciences and Civil Engineering (Geo, Water, Climate)
- Bio, Stem Cells, Bio Chem, Pharma, Food
- Semi-Conductors, Optics, Photonics, Networks, Telecomm, Power Eng
- Design, HSS, Management
Step 3: Short-listing for Interview
- If your Form-A is found to be suitable, you will be notified via email and you will receive an interview invitation. The Interview short-list will be announced only after the Form-A stage is complete.
Step 4: Interviews and Successful Candidates
- After the interviews, successful candidates will be notified by email.
- In case you have any doubts, please read the Applications Process FAQ before sending your doubts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will not respond to queries that have already been adequately answered in the FAQ document.