IBAB Admissions 2020
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) has announced admissions for MSc Biotechnology and Bioinformatics. It’s a unique dual specialization degree that develops competence in both biotechnology and computational biology/ bioinformatics. IBAB Admissions 2020 are open. Apply Now!
MSc Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Admissions 2020
The MSc in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics programme is an interdisciplinary programme that positions you at the cutting edge of basic and technical science, in particular in the research field.
Degree: Master of Science in Biotechnology
Duration: 2 years
Students of this program are provided extensive training in cell and molecular biology, computer science, mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics and so on. Right from the beginning, the faculty ensures that the students get immersive high-quality research experience.
They also get several opportunities to meet and interact with high-profile scientists from across the globe. Events such as the annual Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw Lecture series have enabled the visit of a Nobel laureate.
UNIQUENESS OF THE MSC IN BIOINFORMATICS AND BIOTECHNOLOGY PROGRAMME
- Dual specialization degree (Biotechnology and Bioinformatics) in one MSc course
- Biotechnology: genetic engineering, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, fermentation, and downstream processing
- Practical hands-on training in biotechnology (including PCR, micro-array, protein chemistry etc.) and bioinformatics (statistics, C, C++, PERL, JAVA, and R)
- Bioinformatics: omics, next-gen sequencing, big data analysis, cheminformatics
- Excellent faculty from industry and academia
- Research project as part of the curriculum
- Exciting campus life
- The student is required to obtain at least 50% in his/her Bachelor’s programme overall. Bachelor’s degree in any branch of science/technology/medicine (with degrees such as BSc, BE, BTech, BPharm, MBBS, BDS and BVSc)
- The eligible subject areas are Life sciences (zoology, botany, genetics, human biology, general life sciences, ecology, environmental biology), bioinformatics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, statistics, any branch of engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, agriculture, medicine, dentistry, horticulture, forestry and veterinary sciences.
- There is no age bar for applying.
- Applicants who have had a break in their education or have been working for a few years are also eligible.
- Indian nationals, NRIs and foreign nationals who have passed the qualifying degree examination outside of India must submit the Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities along with their application.
The procedure of Admission:
Candidates need to apply online
For instructions on how to apply online, please click here.
For students from India: 600/-
For NRI/Foreign students: 1200/-
Note: The application fee is non-refundable.
The institute will award full/partial scholarships to meritorious and deserving candidates, at the time of admission.
|Online Registration Starting Date||30th Jan 2020 (11:00 Hrs)|
|Online Registration Closing Date||10th May 2020 ( 24:00 Hrs)|
|Last Date of Payment of Application Fees||10th May 2020 ( 24:00 Hrs)|
|Mock test Date (online, can be taken from anywhere)||15th May 2020|
|Exam Date||24th May 2020:13:00 Hrs|