IISER Pune Summer Student Programme 2020
IISER Pune invites applications from research-oriented students to participate in its Summer Student Programme, 2020. Successful applicants will have an opportunity to participate in the research programmes of IISER-Pune faculty.
1. Students currently (at the time of application) studying in the
- 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E or equivalent
- 1st year of M.Sc/M.Tech or equivalent.
2. Minimum 60% (or equivalent) in overall grades, or 80% in the particular stream(s) of interest.
Selecting a project for the application:
- browse the list of available projects and identify your project of interest (the list will become available on 7th February 2020)
- You may go through the webpages of the faculty to confirm that your interests overlap, and to obtain an idea of their research methods.
- every project has a requirement in terms of knowledge and skills. Please do not apply for a project that you are not equipped to undertake. It will be a waste of your time
- If you need further technical information on the project, send a single email to the concerned faculty. Please do not send additional emails in the absence of a response.
- You may apply for up to 2 projects
- 4 – 8 weeks during the period May 15th – July 15th, 2020.
Applicants must use the web-based registration form to apply for the summer programme
- IISER-Pune will support the selected summer students with a (free) room in the students’ hostel.
However, we are unable to provide any financial support to cover the cost of travel and boarding in the hostel mess (about Rs. 6000 per month)
- The performance of students will be evaluated at the end of the project and the same conveyed to their parent institute.
- Please do not contact, either by phone or by email, the concerned faculty for selection information after you have registered.
- The results of the selection process will be conveyed to the students by March 31st
- Any query regarding this programme may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any problem with the web-based registration process may also be addressed to Ramana Athreya at email@example.com
Online Application process starting date: 07-02-2020
Online Application process last date: 3 weeks from the starting date