Summer Research Programme 2020
The official notification for the S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences Summer Research Programme 2020 has been announced. Candidates having MSc in Biophysics, Biochemistry are encouraged to apply. Check out the full details given below:
SATYENDRA NATH BOSE NATIONAL CENTRE FOR BASIC SCIENCES
[An autonomous institute under Department of Science & Technology, Government of India]
BLOCK JD, SECTOR III, SALT LAKE, KOLKATA- 700 106
PHONE: +91-(0) 33-2335 5706-08, 2335 3057/61, 2335 0312/1313; FAX: +91-(0) 33-2335 9176/3477/1364
S.N. Bose National Center for Basic Sciences has declared the Summer Research Program-2020 to be carried out between May and July 2020.
Eligibility: Students in first / second year of M.Sc. or 4th / 5th year of Integrated M.Sc. in Physical, Chemical (including Biophysics, Biochemistry, Nanotechnology and Chemical Biology) and Mathematical Sciences (including Applied Mathematics).
Duration: The project will be for a period of eight weeks (with no break) under the supervision of a Faculty Member of SNBNCBS in an area of mutual interest. Stay for a period less than eight weeks will not be entertained.
- Accommodation on premises is compulsory and as per regulation, is chargeable (or deductible from the cost of the fellowship).
- Applicants in the 2nd list will not gain any SNBNCBS fellowship if released.. They can receive the same from the project of the supervisor, if any. However, hostel charges are payable according to the Centre’s regulation.
- Access to computer and library facilities is given as per the Centre’s policy. Each applicant must file a formal Joining report within one day of joining, containing abstract of the project and bank account details.
- Applicants who have INSPIRE -SHE or other funding, must be clearly informed in their application.
- Students are expected to make a presentation of their work at the end of the research programme and also to submit a project report for the certification of completion.
- Selected applicants must comply with the rules and regulations which apply to SNBNCBS regular students.
The Center will give an Rs 2,000 per week reimbursement to each participant to fund the hostel and other expenditures.
Students from the outstation will be compensated for AC III Tier Return Train Fare (except Rajdhani, Duronto and related trains) from their place of employment and Kolkata
How to Apply: Interested students with consistently good academic record may directly write to the Convener, Visitor, Associates & Students’ Programme (VASP) or email@example.com with a preferred list of two Faculty members they wish to associate with.
The list of Centre’s faculty members and their scientific areas is accessible on the Centre’s site www.bose.res.in. Before submitting the application, applicants must approach and obtain consent from the respective faculty members.
A Letter of Recommendation by the Head of the Department or by a senior member of the Faculty, who has taught the student, should accompany the application.
Last date for receipt of completed application form: 25 March 2020.
- Summer research programme begins: 01st May 2020.
- Summer research programme duration is eight weeks (any time between May – July 2020)
- Selected candidates’ list will be published by second week of April 2020 in the web-page of the Centre.
For any queries, please write to: Convener, Visitor, Associes & Students Programme (VASP) firstname.lastname@example.org