IISER BS-MS Admission 2020
IISER Admission 2020 notification has been announced for the BS-MS Dual Degree Program. IISER Admission 2020: Eligibility, Exam Dates, Application Procedure. Interested candidates may go through the complete details given below:
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati
Autonomous Institutions under MHRD, Govt. of India
In order to integrate and promote interdisciplinary science education and research, the Government of India has established IISERs at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati. The IISERs have created an unprecedented amount of intellectual property in the form of publications and patents in a short span of time.
BS# and BS-MS Dual Degree Program
- The five-year dual degree program for science students
- Classroom learning integrated with research, providing ample scope for interdisciplinary activities
- Curriculum with a focus on both breadth and depth in sciences, engineering sciences and economics
- Opportunity to pursue impactful research
- Fully residential campuses with well-equipped hostels
- Access to on-campus medical, sports and other recreational facilities
- Programs offered in
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Data Science
- Earth & Climate Sciences/Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Economic Sciences#
- Engineering Sciences (Chemical Engineering, Data Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science)#
- Geological Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
# Four-year BS program in Engineering Sciences and Economics only at IISER Bhopal.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through the following three channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively.
Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from the 2020-21 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
Candidates in the General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
- Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2020.
- However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board.
- Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
How to Apply
- In order to apply for IISER Admissions 2020, a candidate has to first do online registration using the Registration.
- After successful registration, you will receive login id on your registered mobile number along with the password
- Using these login credentials, candidates should fill online application form using Application Login link given below
|SCB||March 23, 2020 (Application portal goes live at 11 AM)|
|KVPY||April 24, 2020 (Application portal opens at 11 AM)|
|JEE||June 1, 2020 ( Application portal opens at 11 AM )|