IIT Roorkee Summer Internship 2020
IIT Roorkee has announced the official notification for its IIT Roorkee Summer Internship 2020 – SPARK Program. Interested candidates are requested to go through the details given below:
IIT Roorkee SPARK fellowships
IIT Roorkee is currently accepting applications for Institute-funded SPARK fellowships for summer internships with a weekly stipend of INR 2500/week and project-funded summer internships.
To attract and cultivate talented undergrads from other institutes. Some of these students may then opt to apply to IITR for postgraduate or doctoral studies.
To provide research exposure to interested undergraduate students of IITR.
Students who are currently enrolled and have completed at least two semesters of the undergraduate degree (B.Arch./B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc) in a relevant discipline from any institute in India.
The following minimum CGPA criterion will apply:
- CGPA > 7.5 for IITs/ IISc.
- CGPA > 8.0 for NITs/ IISERs/ NISER/ IIEST/ UM-DAECBS.
- CGPA > 8.5 for students of other institutes.
How to apply
- Please log in to submit your application and view the status of your application.
- Applications need to be submitted through an online portal made for the purpose where the applicants will upload the last semester mark sheet of current degree, photograph, a 500-word research statement, and a brief 1-2 page resume. For students of other institutes, No Objection Certificate (NOC)will also be sought on joining.
- Applicants need to mention the names of five faculty members of their choice from the list of faculty members interested in having a summer intern.
- The deadline to receive applications is 28th February and results will be announced on or after 15th March. Summer training will be held during the scheduled summer vacation at IITR (12th May-10th July), or a shorter-term if the applicant is not available for the entire period. However, the term of summer training should not be less than 6 weeks. Students of IITR will be allowed to begin their summer internship immediately after the completion of the term-end examination.
- Accommodation and mess facilities in the Bhawans, subject to payment of necessary charges at par with that paid by students living in hostels. The average cost of housing would be around Rs.5500/month (including mess facility).
- All interns will be issued a temporary institute ID to avail the library, sports, medical, computer centre, internet, and other institute and departmental research and recreation facilities. She/He will be required to abide by the conduct rules of the institute, failing which the internship will be terminated and the intern will be asked to leave.
- At the successful completion of the internship, a certificate from the institute with the name of the intern and mentor, signed by Dean, SRIC, will be issued to all interns.
The last date for applying is 29th Feb’20. The results will be declared at the end of the March’2020.