IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2020
IIT Kanpur has announced its Summer Internship SURGE Notification 2020. IIT Kanpur Summer Internship 2020. SURGE 2020 Notification. Interested candidates are requested to go through the details given below:
IIT Kanpur SURGE 2020 Notification
Under the Students-Undergraduate Research Graduate Excellence (SURGE) program, students from IITK and other participating institutions undertake short duration, but focused research projects and push their intellectual abilities beyond those driven by the classroom.
Students working under “Funding from SURGE (Institute Funded category)” only at IITK receive a stipend of Rs 12,500/- for 08 weeks duration. An award plus a commendation certificate is given to those SURGE students who produce exceptional quality research during the period.
Number of Internships
The number of selected students is now increased upto 300 (60 students from “Funding from SURGE” and 240 students from “Funding from Institute Project + Self Funding + Industry-IITK tie-up”) in SURGE extended program.
Eligibility Criteria for Non-IITK Students:
Under this program, Non-IITK students will be eligible to apply for the summer project at IIT Kanpur. This year SURGE is open for all colleges.
The eligibility criteria for Non-IITK students are mentioned below:
- B.Tech/BE/B-Arch/BS (3rd year completed),
- Five-year degree program (3rd year completed, 4th year completed)
- B.Sc/B.A. (2nd year completed)
The students should have the following items ready before filling the online application form.
- Recent Passport size photograph in jpg format not more than 1MB.
- A single file in PDF format not more than 3 MB containing
Research Proposal, not more than 500 words.
- A single file in PDF format not more than 1 MB containing Recommendation Letter one of any faculty who belongs to the applicant’s institute.
- A single file in PDF format not more than 1 MB containing Recommendation Letter two of any faculty who belongs to the applicant’s institute.
Note: There is no fixed format for the recommendation letter under this category but the letter should be on the applicants’ institute letterhead or the respective faculty member’s letterhead undersigned by that concerned faculty member who is familiar with your academic work. Surge Office will directly contact the recommenders for verification of recommendation letters.
The duration of the program is approximately 08 weeks and the beginning date of the SURGE program is 13th May 2020 and last date 10th July 2020.
How to apply
1) The applicants (Non-IITK Indian Student) shall be required to pay the application fee of Rs. 400/- through Payment Gateway.
2) Eligible candidates are required to register ONLINE through IIT Kanpur website LINK
3) Application form of SURGE 2020 participants will be considered complete only after:
Step: 1 Register for SURGE 2020
i) Register through the online portal LINK: LINK
ii) There are three categories:
- IITK: In this category, only IITK Students can apply.
- NON-IITK: Only Indian students from various Indian Institutions.
- SAARC: Only NON-Indian (from Nepal, Bhutan) Students.
iii) Complete the registration form in all respects. An email indicating successful completion of registration of your online application will be sent to on your registered email address containing login credentials.
Step 2: Payment of Application fee of Rs 400/- (only for NON-IITK students)
iv) Before going for the payment process please go through the payment procedure Link.
iv) Please click on the State Bank Collect link to pay the application fee.
v) After completion of payment please note down the Transaction ID and save the payment receipt in pdf format.
5) PHASE-II: Fill the online application form
iv) Go through this link: LINK and login with the credentials mentioned in the mail and complete the online application form in all respect.
v) In step 4 you need to enter the Transaction ID and upload the payment receipt in pdf format (for Non-IITK students only).
v) Complete all the 4 sections step by step including uploading of relevant documents. After submission, you will receive an email of the successful completion of the online application form along with Application Number. Please quote the application number in all future correspondence.
vi) The application will be considered complete only after receiving of application fee.
6. Incomplete/ Incorrect applications will not be entertained and will be summarily rejected.
7. Any attempt to influence will lead to disqualification of candidature.
- Opening of Online application form – 17th January 2020.
- Closing of Online application form – 15th February 2020.