NDDB Trainee Vacancy
National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) is currently looking for candidates with Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry background for Trainee positions for its NDDB R&D Laboratory, Hyderabad. Check out the below-given details for more:
Job Name: Trainee (M.Sc. /M Tech in Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry)
No. of positions: 2
Description: NDDB is looking for young and energetic trainees for NDDB R&D Laboratory, Hyderabad of Animal Health Group.
Job Category: Animal Health
Qualification & Experience: Postgraduate degree (M.Sc. /M Tech.) in Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry
Profile Summary: To assist in research and development activities related to bovine disease diagnosis and control of bovine diseases.
Key roles and Responsibility:
Understanding and assistance in the following technical procedures viz.,
- Immuno assays such as ELISA for bovine disease screening- detection of antibodies to or antigens to bovine infectious agents.
- Processing bovine clinical specimens for the detection and/or isolation of bacteria and viruses\Molecular extractions (DNA, RNA, proteins) from various specimens and cultures
- Molecular assays- PCR, real-time PCR
- Cell culture and cell-based assays
- Nucleotide sequencing work: Sanger sequencing, Next-generation sequencing
- Technical assistance in standardization and validation of new methodologies/ assays
- Support in documentation and record-keeping for the maintenance of quality management systems as per international standards
- Any other scientific, technical and documentation assistance as may be required.
Other Essential attributes and skills
Skills/ Attributes: Technical:
• Basic understanding in laboratory techniques viz., bacterial culture, nucleic acid extraction, molecular biological techniques (PCR, real-time PCRs), ELISA, cell culture
• Basic understanding in biochemistry; calculations for the preparation of buffers and reagents
• Good communication and writing skill
• Competent in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Skills/ Attributes: Managerial:
• Candidate should be able to work effectively in a team
• Plan, schedule and execute the work assigned for timely & effective completion
• Should have a strong aptitude for learning and research
• Should be self-motivated, dedicated and hardworking
• Should orient self to the organizational goals, requirements & values
This traineeship is for a period of 1 year with a stipend for Rs. 30,000 plus PF/month
Candidates above 25 years of age as on 01 January 2020 need not apply.
(The last date of receiving applications is 28 January 2020.