TIFR VSRP-2020 Program
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) is inviting applications for its Visiting Students Research Programme 2020 from eligible students. TIFR-Visiting Students Research Programme 2020. TIFR VSRP-2020. Detailed information is given below:
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) conducts annual summer programs in which talented students are introduced to research activities in the areas of Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics.
The Visiting Students’ Research Programme (VSRP-2020) will be held at TIFR, Mumbai during the period from May 5 to July 9, 2020, as mentioned below.
Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Mathematics/ Computer & Systems Sciences
- Two years of undergraduate course work in an academic institution.
- Should not have participated in VSRP before.
Please note that the VSRP programme is for students currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme and not for PhD students or faculty members.
Selection is purely based on the academic performance of the student, submitted write-up and referee reports. There is no selection test/interview.
Rs 14000/- (NSF/STCS Programme ~9 weeks).
To-and-fro travel reimbursement from the place of residence (address for correspondence mentioned in the application) will be paid. Also, free shared accommodation on-or-off- the campus is provided.
How to apply
- Open official page for TIFR VSRP 2020
- Complete the basic registration step by clicking the “Apply Online” button.
- During the basic registration, “Preferred Subject” indicates TIFR subject area you are applying for i.e., Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Mathematics / Computer & Systems Sciences.
- After completing basic registration, you will receive an email with a link for advanced registration. Before proceeding to advanced registration, please keep the following ready :a) Scanned photo (.jpg file of size not exceeding 100kb ) of your passport size photograph.
b) Students can select two areas of research for a selected department. Please read the Information Brochure before you fill this section.
c) A write-up of up to 400 words, describing your interest in the most preferred field of study has to be provided in the appropriate box. The write up should not contain special characters. In particular, use of equations in write-ups is strongly discouraged.
d) Names, Affiliation, Designation, Contact address (both e-mail and physical address) and contact phone numbers of two referees who would be filling referee reports for you. They should be teachers or persons with whom you have interacted academically.
The link for filling up the Referee Report Form online will be sent by email to both Referees after complete registration.
Last date for application: January 31, 2020