NII PhD Admissions 2020
National Institute of Immunology (NII) has released the notification for its prestigious PhD programme. NII PhD Admissions 2020 – 2021. Check out the below-mentioned details for more:
Cutting-edge research at NII encompasses broad interdisciplinary areas of Immunology, Infectious and Chronic Disease Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, and Chemical, Structural and Computational Biology.
- M.Sc. in any branch of Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics) M.Tech., M.B.B.S., M.V.Sc., M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification as per the norms of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) and Bachelor’s degree and 55% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Master’s degree are essential for the general category. Five percent relaxation in aggregate scores in Senior Secondary, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees will be applicable for the candidates from reserved categories [(OBC (non-creamy layer; NCL), SC/ST, and PwD]. Rounding off of percentage score to the next integral value is not permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in the current academic year are eligible to apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfillment of the eligibility requirements at the time of joining.
- Reservations of seats: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC (NCL) and 3% for person with disability (PwD) as per statutory norms.
Selection procedure for NII PhD Admissions 2020:
NII will select candidates for the Ph.D. programme through the following two Channels:
- Channel# 1: Computer-based Entrance Examination, NII-2020 to be conducted by NII at multiple centres all over India on 23rd February 2020 (Sunday).
- Channel# 2: Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS-2020). Candidates must appear in at least one of the two examinations mentioned above. Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on their scores in either NII-2020 or JGEEBILS-2020.
The list of candidates short-listed for interviews shall be available on the NII website and Notice Board on or before 9th March 2020.
Interviews will be held at the National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, from 11th to 13th June 2020.
Candidates selected will be enrolled for the Ph.D. programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi.
The programme will start on 6th July 2020 and the allotment of laboratories and thesis supervisors will be made by 13th July 2020, based on the interactions with faculty members in the candidates’ area of interest and mutual preference. B. The institute currently provides a Junior Research Fellowship of Rs.31000/- per month.
Selected candidates who are already fellowship awardees from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT and DST may avail those fellowships as per rules governed by the respective funding agency.
NII is a residential campus and shared hostel accommodation will be provided to all the students admitted to the program.
- Candidates should submit their applications through NII online application portal only. The details of the application process are available at http://www.nii.res.in. Candidates applying through JGEEBILS-2020 must also submit an application through NII application portal, along with application fees and the JGEEBILS-2020 admit card.
- Online application fee is Rs.1000/- for GENERAL/OBC (NCL) candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PwD (non-refundable).
- The online application facility will be available on the NII website from 20th December 2019 to 31st January 2020.
- For technical queries regarding NII online admission portal, please contact helpline number: 022-62507725 and 011-23219064-67 Email: email@example.com
- For queries related to eligibility criteria or other academic matters, please contact Tel: 011-26717101,011-26703662 or 011-26703762; Email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Name of the candidate and the date of birth should match the corresponding entries in the Secondary School Certificate (10th) or equivalent.
- Candidates must ensure that the information details furnished in the online application are true and correct. If any discrepancy is observed at any stage, NII reserves the right to cancel the admission.
Key Dates for NII PhD Admissions 2020:
- Online Application begins: 20.12.2019
- Online Application closing: 31.01.2020
- Admit card available for download: 07.02.2020 onwards
- NII-2020 Entrance Examination: 23.02.2020
Women candidates fulfilling the requirements are encouraged to apply