Looking for an outstanding Ph.D. program to speed up your academic career?
The 12 interdisciplinary programs within TIGP@AS are in cooperation with 10 top domestic universities, which include:
(1) Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics; (2) Molecular Science and Technology; (3) Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences; (4) Molecular and Cell Biology; (5) Bioinformatics; (6) Nano Science and Technology; (7) Molecular Medicine; (8) Earth System Science; (9) Biodiversity; (10) Interdisciplinary Neuroscience; (11) Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology, and (12) Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing.
All Ph.D. programs are conducted in English so that candidates can be fully engaged in the learning and discovery process.
TIGP offers students a monthly stipend of NTD $34,000 (about USD $1,100) for the first year. For students who perform well, this stipend will be extended in the 2nd and the 3rd year. In subsequent years, financial support will come from the thesis advisor.
Additionally, every year, TIGP@AS also holds Travel Grant Award for encouraging students to join competitive global symposiums as well as several Distinguished Lectures inviting academic and entrepreneurial masters including Nobel Laureates.
- Bachelor and/or Master of Science degree
- English proficiency: TOEFL, IELTS, GEPT, TOEIC
- GRE General test & Subject test (requirements vary by program)
- Academic transcript for coursework completed post-high school.
- Three letters of reference.
- Statement of purpose.
How to apply
TIGP accepts the online application and online recommendation portal ONLY. To apply electronically, you are most welcomed to create an account, compile your application materials, and submit your application in TIGP’s online application portal:http://tigp.apps.sinica.edu.tw/index.php
If you apply online, you will only need to submit your academic transcripts and test score(s) (TOEFL/IELTS/GRE) by post. The foregoing academic transcripts comprise MS and BS transcripts both (for Master degree holder) or BS transcript only (for Bachelor degree holder).
Please don’t submit your academic transcripts of intermediate school. All other materials can be submitted online; after you fill in your referees’ information, your referees will have access to our online recommendation portal.
Application is entirely free of charge through TIGP@AS online system. Most notably, the deadline for your TIGP 2020 application to be completed and submitted is 1 February 2020.