JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship 2020
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research invites applications for its JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2020, for motivated and talented students within India in Science and Engineering. Detailed information and application form is given below:
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
(A Deemed University)
Jakkur P.O., Bangalore – 560 064
Areas of Research:
Life Sciences: Infectious and non-infectious diseases, bioinformatics, developmental biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, genetics, life-history evolution, circadian biology, animal behaviour, behavioural ecology, evolutionary genetics, evolutionary biology, experimental evolution, population dynamics, phylogeography, neurophysiology, behavioural neurobiology and behavioural genetics and cell biology.
Chemical Sciences: Solid state chemistry, theoretical and computational chemistry, organic, physical and inorganic chemistry, organic and asymmetric synthesis, medicinal and bio-organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, supramolecular chemistry and chemistry of nanomaterials, renewable energy and healthcare-related materials chemistry.
Minimum academic requirements for applying:
- Students who have secured not less than 80% in Maths and Science subjects in their 10th and 12th standard or equivalent examinations, and not less than first class in graduation and post-graduation (if applicable).
- Students presently studying in I and II year of B.Sc., I, II & III year of B.S., I, II & III year of B.E. /B. Tech., I year of M.Sc. and I-IV year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Life Sciences.
The students selected under this program are placed with scientists at the Centre or elsewhere in India, for 2 continuous months with a stipend of Rs. 10000 /- p.m and travel support as per Centre’s norms. Detailed information and application form can be downloaded from http://www.jncasr.ac.in/fe/srfp.php. The filled-in application form with attested documents should reach the address mentioned below:
Mailing address: The Academic Coordinator, Fellowships and Extension Programmes, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Jakkur P.O., Bangalore – 560 064.
- Last date for downloading application form from the website : 6 December 2019
- Last date for receipt of completed application form: 13 December 2019
Selected candidates will be intimated by 28th February 2020 and the list will also be available on the link mentioned above.
1. Please ensure that your completed application includes:
(a) Two confidential reports sealed by the referee and with the referees’ signatures across the seals.
(b) Attested Xerox copies of relevant mark sheets etc.
2. Students who have already completed this programme earlier need not apply.
3. Your “Area of Research” on the left-hand top corner of the mailing envelope.
4. Mere application to this programme does not warrant selection.