NIBMG PhD Admissions
National Institute of Biomedical Genomics has released the notification for Ph.D. Programme Admissions. National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) Doctoral Research Notification. NIBMG Kalyani Ph.D. admissions. Check out details below:
National Institute of Biomedical Genomics
P.O.: N.S.S., Kalyani 741251, West Bengal, India
Applications for doctoral research at NIBMG are requested from the eligible applicants. The selected students are supposed to work on human diseases using clinical samples and appropriate models, both in silico and in vivo, to gain biological insights into disease mechanisms.
NIBMG is armed with state-of-the-art technologies including single-cell sequencing and large-scale NGS sequencing systems, comprehensive computational and bioinformatics facilities, genetic engineering including cutting-edge CRISPR-Cas Genome editing laboratories, FACS (cell sorter), low and high-resolution imaging facility, Multiplex Elisa/ ALPHA-LISA, upcoming state-of-the-art zebrafish and proteomics facilities.
The wide research areas to be focused on by students are described below:
- Biomedical Genomics and the functional implications in the context of:
A. Infectious disease
B. Chronic disease
- Computational Biology and Statistical Genomics
15% of the seats are reserved for the sc category, 7.5% for the st category and 27% for the non-creamy layer OBC category. Before the interview, certificates from the competent authorities shall be provided as evidence.
The minimum criteria for accepting students to conduct research leading to a Ph.D. are:
- Master’s degree in any discipline of Biological Sciences (Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Zoology, Botany, Physiology, Biophysics or related disciplines).
- Candidates in the general category must have obtained at least 55% aggregate in the Master’s degrees. For reserved categories, this will be relaxed as they are only required to complete the Master’s degree successfully.
- An applicant must have qualified in the junior research fellowship conducted by UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (category I only), NBHM, BINC Junior Research Fellowship and must have a valid letter of the award at the time of the interview. Students with a DST-INSPIRE provisional certification are also eligible to apply. Applicants who have qualified for the Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship or any other reserved class fellowship are encouraged to apply.
- Should have an MBBS or B.Tech (Biotechnology) with at least 55% marks along with a valid junior research fellowship from UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (category I only).
Applicants with demonstrable research training will be given preference in the form of summer training or short-term training in established research laboratories in preparation for a biomedical science research career. The provision does not extend to reserved class individuals.
How to apply: Please apply online via web link https://apply.nibmg.ac.in/ (no other form of application will be accepted). Please indicate online whether you belong to a reserved category or the general category.
The online application will be accepted until 5 PM on the 15th of Nov, 2019. Short-listed candidates will be called for a formal interview to make the final selection. The interview will be on the 27 th of Nov 2019.