NCCS PhD Admissions March 2020 Official Notification
NCCS Pune has released the notification for its prestigious Ph.D. program admission for March 2020 session. NCCS PhD Admissions March 2020 session. Check out below for more information on how to apply and eligibility criteria:
National Centre for Cell Science, Pune
Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
NCCS Complex, S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 007.
Ph. No. 020-25708000
National Centre for Cell Science, Pune, invites application from eligible candidates for admissions to the Ph.D. program of March 2020 session.
Candidates should be a bonafide Indian citizen with consistently good academic record with strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree and should apply for the same with the eligibility mentioned below.
Students with a postgraduate degree and a valid NET-LS / GATE / DBT / ICMR / BINC fellowship from CSIR / UGC / DST-Inspire are eligible to apply. Postgraduate students who do not have a fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS exam held by NCBS / TIFR on December 09, 2018 are eligible to apply.
Candidates who are shortlisted by NCCS guidelines, however, will only be called for an interview. NCCS will provide a limited number of fellowships to selected students who do not have a fellowship (CSIR / DBT / ICMR / UGC / DST-Inspire / BINC) but have JGEEBILS qualifications and are selected by NCCS.
Application submission to the NCCS-PhD program does not automatically guarantee the shortlisting of an applicant for an interview. Shortlisted candidates who meet NCCS criteria will have to appear for an interview to be held at NCCS on January 21 and 22, 2020. Detailed conditions of eligibility are set out below.
- Should have Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Sciences with interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology, having at least 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) (A relaxation of 5% of marks, shall be allowed for Reserved Categories SC/ST/OBC and Persons With Disabilities ) and with a valid fellowship from CSIR/UGC/DST-Inspire with NET-LS or GATE /DBT/ICMR/ BINC, etc.
- Students with a post-graduate degree, who do not have individual fellowship but have qualified JGEEBILS exam conducted by NCBS/TIFR on 09th December 2018 will be eligible to apply. Students will be shortlisted based on JGEEBILS results by NCCS criteria for interview. NCCS decision in this regard will be final. Please write your JGEEBILS December 2018 Reference Code on the top of the application form at the designated place.
How to apply:
- Applicants who have only qualified for the CSIR-UGC (NET) Lectureship and the “ICMR Project List” are not eligible.
- The Ph.D. program of NCCS is entirely residential. The applicants selected will have to remain on campus.
- Students who have a scholarship and are expected to receive an M.Sc. degree by the end of July-2020 may also apply. Their selection will be conditional and terminated if they are unable to prove that they meet the entry requirements by the end of November 2020. No further request for time extension will be entertained.
- All qualifying full applications received within the last date will be screened and shortlisted applicants will be called for interview in accordance with the schedule below.
- The funding agency awarding the fellowship will be responsible for other terms and conditions of the fellowship. The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PWD and 3 years in case of OBC candidates, or as applicable.
- Fellowship will be activated on the basis of Direct Benefit Transfer as per the respective funding agency guidelines. It is not the responsibility of NCCS to provide fellowships.
- Reservation will be in line with the guidelines of the Government of India.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates should also attach a true copy of the Caste Certificate / Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals that should be produced at the time of the Interview.
- An application fee of Rs. 100/- only (Rs. One hundred only) should be sent along with the application in the form of a Demand Draft payable to “The DIRECTOR, NCCS” at PUNE. There is no application fee for SC/ST/ PWD students.
- Interested candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their typed application in the prescribed format (download from NCCS web site). The completed hardcopy application form along with the copies of the M.Sc. marks statement and Fellowship certificate/admit card should reach the Dean (Academics), National Centre for Cell Science, S. P. Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 007 on or before 29th November 2019.
- For attending the interview, second-class train fare will be offered to SC / ST applicants on the shortest route as per the rules.
- Candidates will arrange for their own stay in Pune. For the interaction and finalization of the guide, selected candidates will have to stay two more days.\
The personal interview of all shortlisted candidates will take place at NCCS, Pune, according to the selection criteria set by NCCS. The interview process/schedule information and the list of shortlisted candidates will be posted on the NCCS website on 18 December 2019.
Candidates should bring all originals with attested copies of the following documents at the time of the Interview.
- Birth certificate/ proof of Date of birth.
- SC/ST/Physical Handicapped category certificate from competent authorities.
- Statement of marks of each year/semester of graduation
- Statement of marks of each year/semester of (M.Sc.)
- Fellowship Certificate/ JGEEBILS qualifying data
- For the OBC category, a valid Non-creamy layer certificate.
Schedule for NCCS PhD Admissions March 2020
|Last date of receipt of application at NCCS with all required documents||29th November 2019|
|Publication of Shortlisted candidates called for interview at NCCS||18th December 2019|
|Date(s) & Time of Interview||21st and 22nd January 2020 from 9 am onwards|
|Declaration of the result of the interview||22nd January 2020 Evening|
|Interaction and Finalization of Guide||Before 29th January 2020|
|Expected date of Joining at NCCS||2nd March 2020|
In case of any queries, candidates should e-mail at email@example.com. Phone inquiries will not be entertained.