Food Analyst Recruitment
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) invites applications for Food Analyst posts from MSc Microbiology or MSc Biochemistry candidates. FSSAI Food Analyst Recruitment 2019. MSc Microbiology Food Analyst Job. MSc Biochemistry Food Analyst Job.
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
A Statutory Authority under Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India
FDA Bhavan, Kotla Road, New Delhi-110 002
Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the Posts:
Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the advertised posts. The candidates qualified in Food Analyst Examination conducted by FSSAI are only eligible to apply for the post of Food Analyst.
The Food Authority would admit to the Examinations all the candidates applying for the post with the requisite fee/intimation charges (wherever applicable) on the basis of the information furnished in the ONLINE application and shall determine their eligibility only at the final stage i.e. interview or document verification.
If at that stage, it is found that any information furnished in the ONLINE application is false/ incorrect or if according to the Food Authority, the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/ her candidature will be cancelled and he/she will not be allowed to appear for interview and can be removed from service without notice, if he/she has already joined the Authority.
Mode of Application:
Candidates are required to apply only ONLINE through the Authority’s website www.fssai.gov.in. No other mode for submission of the application is available.
Help Facility: In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee/intimation charges or in downloading of Admission Letter, queries may be made through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not forget to mention ‘FSSAI’ – DR-03/2019′ ‘Post Applied For’ in the subject of the email.
Position Details: The FSSAI invites applications from eligible candidates for the posts mentioned below on direct recruitment basis. The total number of vacancies shown below may vary as per administrative exigencies:
Post Code: 01
Name of Post (Pay Level): Food Analyst (Pay Level-10)
Age limit as on closing date of application: 35
Total Positions: 06
Service Conditions for FSSAI Food Analyst
(i) Pay Scale: Selected Candidates will draw a starting basic pay in the Pay Level as stipulated against the post and they will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance etc.
(ii) Seniority: Seniority will be fixed in order of their merit and as per extant guidelines of Govt. of India.
(iii) Perquisites: Alongwith basic pay and other allowances, reimbursement of expenses for newspaper, telephone charges etc. as per eligibility shall be applicable. Medical facilities for self and dependents under CGHS/ CS(MA) Rules shall also be applicable. Selected candidates will be governed by ‘the defined contributory New Pension Scheme (NPS)’, in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
(iv) The initial appointment will be on probation for a period of two years. At Authority’s discretion, the probationary period may be extended upto a maximum period of one year.
(v) Selected candidates may be posted and transferred anywhere in India.
Eligibility Conditions for FSSAI Food Analyst
- I. Nationality: a candidate must be either:
a. a citizen of India, or
b. a subject of Nepal, or
c. a subject of Bhutan, or
d. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling
in India, or
e. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya,
Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of
permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
Minimum Educational Qualifications / Work Experience:
(i) Master’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry or microbiology or Dairy Chemistry or Food Technology, Food and Nutrition or Bachelor of Technology in Dairy or Oil or degree in Veterinary Sciences from a university established in India by law or is an associate of the Institution of Chemists (India) by examination in the section of Food Analysts conducted by the Institution of Chemists (India) or any other equivalent qualification recognized and notified by the Central government for such purposes and has not less than three years experience in the analysis of food; and
(ii) Has been declared qualified for appointment as a Food Analyst by a board appointed and notified by the Authority Desirable: Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering or Council of Scientific and Industrial Research or Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Eligibility Test.
Note 1: Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the competent authority in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
Note 2: The qualification(s) regarding experience is relaxable at the discretion of the competent authority in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes if at any stage of selection, the competent authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancy reserved for them.
Scheme Of Selection for FSSAI Food Analyst
The selection for the aforementioned posts will be done as per the stages are given below. Marks scored in written test and interview together will be counted for final selection. Further, the Authority reserves the right to introduce additional stage of examination which would be notified at a suitable time, if considered necessary
Stages of Selection: Written Examination + Interview
Shortlisting of Candidates for Interview
Candidates who fulfill the prescribed minimum essential qualifications for a particular post are generally shortlisted. However, the prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be shortlisted or called for the interview. In the event of the number of applications being large, Authority will adopt short listing criteria to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number by any or more of the following methods:
- On the basis of Desirable Qualification (DQ) or any one or all of the DQs if more than one DQ is prescribed.
- On the basis of higher educational qualifications than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement
- On the basis of higher experience in the relevant field than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement
- By counting experience before or after the acquisition of essential qualifications
- By holding a Recruitment Test
- Or any other criteria as Appointing Authority decide.
III. The indicative syllabus is attached. The scheme of examination is as under:
Note 1: The Authority may prescribe sectional as well as overall qualifying cutoff.
Note 2: All questions will be of subjective type.
Examination Centres for FSSAI Food Analyst Recruitment
- Centers of examinations will be intimated in due course.
- The date of holding the examination will be intimated in due course.
- Candidates will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at their own risks and expenses. The Authority does not make any arrangements for the boarding/lodging of candidates. Authority will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature during the course of Examination.
- Interviews: Interviews will be conducted at FSSAI, Headquarters.
NOTE: Notwithstanding the aforesaid provision, the Authority reserves the right to change the Centres at their discretion if the situation demands. All the Examination Centres will cater to examination for Low Vision Candidates in their respective centres. Candidates admitted to the examination will be informed of the time table and place or places of examination. The candidates should note that no request for change of centre will be entertained.
Application Fee and Intimation Charges for FSSAI Food Analyst Recruitment
Note I: Applications without the prescribed Fee/ Intimation Charges shall be summarily rejected.
Note II: Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Procedure to Apply Online:
- Candidates are first required to go to the FSSAI’s website www.fssai.gov.in and click on the link ‘Career’ and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR ADVERTISEMENT NO.DR-03/2019” to open the OnLine Application Form.
- Candidates will have click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. Use of special characters while filling the form will not be allowed. After that a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using the Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars if needed.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature (Annexure ).
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button. Visually Impaired candidates are responsible for carefully verifying/ getting the details filled in, in the online application form and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission as no change is possible after submission.
Mode of Payment for FSSAI Food Analyst
Candidates have to make the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through ONLINE mode only:
- Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “FINAL SUBMIT” button at the end of the On-Line Application format. Before pressing the “FINAL SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his /her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the 10th class certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature. In case the candidate is unable to fill in the application form in one go, he/ she can save the data already entered. Once the application is filled in completely, a candidate should Final Submit the data.
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen.
- After Final Submit, an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
- If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then candidates are advised to login again with their provisional registration number and password and pay the Application Fees/ Intimation Charges online.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form containing fee details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transactions may not have been successful.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press Back or Refresh button in order to avoid double charge
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed. After completing the procedure of applying on-line including payment of fees, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. They should not send this printout to the FSSAI.
Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Category, Date of Birth, Post Applied for, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no change/modifications will be allowed after submission of the online application form. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained. FSSAI will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to FSSAI Advt No. DR-03/2019.
- An email/ SMS intimation with the Registration Number and Password generated on successful registration of the application will be sent to the candidate’s email ID/ Mobile Number specified in the online application form as a system-generated acknowledgment. If candidates do not receive the email and SMS intimations at the email ID/ Mobile number specified by them, they may consider that their online application has not been successfully registered.
- An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without photograph and signature, inhuman/inappropriate photograph and / or signature uploaded in the online application form/ unsuccessful fee payment will not be considered as valid.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability/ failure to log on to the FSSAI website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam.
- FSSAI does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the FSSAI. Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected. Any information submitted by an applicant in his/ her application shall be binding on the candidate personally and he/she shall be liable for prosecution/ civil consequences in case the information/ details furnished by him/ her is found to be false at a later stage.
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises are required to submit an undertaking in the Online application that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Authority withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their application will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be canceled. At the time of joining, the recommended candidates will have to bring proper discharge certificates from their PSU/Government/Quasi –Government/ Private employer. Candidates may be asked to submit No Objection Certificate from the present employer.
NOTE: Candidates are not required to submit along with their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled etc. which will be verified at the time of the Interview only. Candidates belonging to the OBC category should have the latest OBC certificate issued by Competent Authority. The candidates applying for the posts should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination for which they are admitted by the Authority or Interview will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the Examinations and Interview, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the examination will be canceled by the Authority. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Authority.
- Website Link Open For Online Registration of Applications and Payment of Fees/Intimation Charges: 16.10.2019
- Last Date for Online Application: 11.11.2019 (Till 11.59 PM)
** The Authority reserves the right to make any change in these dates.