Govt UPSC Life Sciences Jobs
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites applications for Botanist Post. Govt job for Molecular Biology/ Plant Biotechnology/ Plant Science/ Plant Taxonomy candidates in Ministry of Environment Forests and Climate Change. Govt UPSC Life Sciences Jobs. Check out all of the details on the same below:
Vacancy Number: 19101301212
Position Title: Botanist
Total Vacancy: 13 (SC-02, OBC-03, EWS01, UR-07)
Ministry/Administration: Ministry of Environment Forests and Climate Change
Department/Office: Botanical Survey of India
Organization: Botanical Survey of India
Pay Scale: Level-7(RS. 44,900-1,42,400) in the Pay matrix) as per 7th CPC. Total Emoluments excluding HRA & TA at the time of initial appointment will be Rs. 44,900 plus D.A. as admissible per month approximately.
Age: Not exceeding 30 years for General Candidates as on normal closing date. Not exceeding 30 years for Economically Weaker Section candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them.
Not exceeding 35 years for Scheduled Casts candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them. Not exceeding 33 years for Other Backward Classes candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them.
- Relaxable for regularly appointed Central Government Servant upto Five years as per instructions/orders issued by Govt. of India from time to time.
- For age concession applicable to some other categories of applicants, please see the relevant paras of the ‘Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection.
M.Sc. degree in Botany/ Horticulture/ Life Sciences/ Agriculture from a recognized University.
Note1 The subject ‘Life Sciences’ means Molecular Biology/Plant Biotechnology/Plant Science/Plant Taxonomy.
- 3 years’ experience of Research in any of the following branches Angiosperms/ Gymnosperms/ Algae/ Fungi/ Lichens/ Bryophytes/ Pteridophytes/ Horticulture/ Arboriculture/ Forestry/ Ecology & Environment/ Economic Botany/ Museology (as evidenced by publications)
- Experience of Plant collection in the field and knowledge of herbarium methodology and preservation of liquid and carpological collections/ Tissue Culture, ex-situ and in-situ conservation.
Note2 Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the UPSC in the case of the candidates otherwise well qualified.
Note 3 The qualification (s) regarding experience is/are relaxable at the discretion of the UPSC, for reasons to be recorded in writing in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes , if at any stage of selection, the UPSC is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.
Desirable Qualification(s): Desirable (anyone)
- Knowledge of any one of the following languages Latin/ German/ French / Russian/ Chinese/ Japanese/ Spanish
- Knowledge of International Code of Botanical Nomenclature
- Knowledge of Environmental Impact Studies
- Knowledge of Journalism/ Mass Communication
- Knowledge of barcoding, scanning and digitization of herbarium specimens
- Knowledge of Ecology of flowering plants
- Knowledge in computer applications.
Duties: To identify plants. To prepare scientific reports on fields or Herbarium Specimens. To undertake field excursions. To supervise the work of Scientific Assistant/ Technical Assistants.
Probation: 2 (Two) years
Head Quarter: Botanical Survey of India, CGO Complex, Salt Lake City, Kolkata- 700064 with All India Service Liability
Other Details: General Central Service, Group ‘B’ Gazetted, Non-Ministerial. The posts are permanent.
(a) Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty five) only either by remitting the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa/master credit/debit card.
(b) No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women candidates of any community. No “fee exemption” is available to OBC male candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
(c) Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection would be entertained.
(d) Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstance nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
- The closing date for submission of online recruitment application (ora) through ora website is 23:59 hrs on 31.10.2019.
- The last date for printing of completely submitted online application is upto 23:59 hrs on 01.11.2019.
- The date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed closing date for submission of online recruitment application (ora). The applicants are advised to fill in all their particulars in the online recruitment application carefully as submission of wrong information may lead to rejection through computer-based shortlisting apart from debarment by the commission.
- The date for the interview on which the shortlisted candidate is required to bring the printout of his/her online application alongwith other documents at UPSC shall be intimated separately.