IISER Tirupati PhD Admissions January 2020
IISER Tirupati is inviting applications for admission to the PhD Biology Program for January 2020. IISER Tirupati PhD Admissions January 2020. Interested applicants can check out all of the details on the same below:
IISER Tirupati accepts students in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Earth and Climate Sciences and associated interdisciplinary field of research. The program includes coursework and teaching assistantship in addition to research.
Details about individual profiles of faculty and research areas can be accessed from the website of IISER Tirupati. the wide research areas, important dates and eligibility criteria are as follows:
Eligibility Criteria for Biology Discipline:
Students with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; with all subjects) or CGPA 6.0 on a 10-point scale in Master’s degree in any branch of Science.
Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biological Sciences/Ecological Sciences/Agricultural Sciences/ Psychology M.Tech/ M.VSc or MBBS degree or any equivalent degree.
Candidates with BE/B. Tech degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale can also apply.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- JGEEBILS 2019 exam
- DBT-JRF-A / ICMR-JRF / DBT-BINC / ARS-NET (ICAR)/ UGC-CSIR JRF/ DST-INSPIRE
- For CSIR-LS rank-holders, up to rank 200 are eligible
- For DAE-JEST/GATE rank-holders, up to rank 300 (GATE Life Sciences) are eligible.
Only online applications will be accepted. Applicants can submit their forms for the Biology discipline in the following link:
- Opening date of Online Application: Oct 11, 2019
- Closing date of Online Application: Nov 4, 2019
- Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview: Nov 11, 2019 (Tentative)
- Interview of Shortlisted Candidates: Nov 30 and Dec 1, 2019
- Announcement of Interview Results: Dec 10th, 2019 (Tentative)
- Registration of Ph.D. Programme: 01 Jan 2020