IISER Pune PhD Admissions 2020
IISER Pune has released the notification for PhD program in Biology – January 2020. IISER Pune PhD Admissions 2020. Interested candidates can check the details on the courses offered, eligibility criteria, application procedure and deadlines below:
IISER Pune is hosting varied research groups operating in different fields. Biology research at IISER Pune presently includes both theoretical and experimental strategies. Research fields open in this PhD selection round are as follows:
- Ecology and Evolution
- Chemical Biology
- Biophysics, Mathematical and Computational Biology
- Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
Given the wide scope of the studies conducted at IISER Pune, candidates who have specialized in non-biological fields can also apply. Students with a quantitative background in Science and Engineering and Chemistry will discover a number of faculty members involved at the Biology, Chemistry, Math and Physics interface.
A written exam and up to two rounds of interview may be involved in the process of selecting. Only a subset of chosen applicants will move ahead to the next stage at each step.
Applying does not automatically ensure that a candidate will be shortlisted for the selection process. In order to shortlist applicants for the written exam, the department may use extra requirements based on the number of applications obtained.
1. Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% or equivalent CGPA in aggregate for SC/ST and PD candidates) in Masters’ Degree in any branch of Science: Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biological Sciences / Ecology & Environmental Sciences / Biodiversity / Psychology or equivalent. BE / B.Tech / M.Tech or MBBS degree holders may also apply.
2. The candidate MUST satisfy one of the following criteria:
(a) Qualified a National Eligibility exam that provides a 5 year Ph.D. fellowship* such as CSIR–JRF / UGC–JRF / DBT–JRF–A/ ICMR–JRF / DBT–BINC–JRF / Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- The candidates must carefully fill and submit the online application form on or before the specified date.
- After the last date, all applications will be screened and candidates selected for interviews will be intimated by email.
- All communication with candidates will be by email only.
- Kindly check IISER Pune website for periodic updates.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with your application number mentioned in the subject line.
- Candidates who are appearing or are about to appear for final examinations of the qualifying degree program are eligible to apply for PhD program. However, if selected, admission to the PhD program would be conditional upon their completing the qualifying degree with the defined marks criteria, before 1st January 2020
- Selection will be based on interviews of the short-listed candidates.
- Relaxation of eligibility criteria for SC/ST and PD applicants will be as per Government of India norms. Candidates belonging to reserved category will have to submit relevant certificates, if selected.
- Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
- Opening of online application forms: October 7, 2019
- Closing of online application forms: October 30, 2019
- Written test: November 13, 2019
- Interviews: November 13-15, 2019
Please email email@example.com queries