IISER Thiruvananthapuram PhD Admission January 2020
IISER Thiruvananthapuram PhD 2020 Admission notification is out now. IISER TVM PhD admissions 2020 notification. IISER TVM PhD Admission 2020 January Session. Check out all of the details on the same below:
IISER TVM PhD Admission 2020
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) in Biological Sciences for the session starting from January 2020, i.e., Vasanth 2020 semester.
- First-class or equivalent at Masters-level (a five-year degree after +2 level).
- The candidate must have qualified either of the following examinations: CSIR-UGC, UGC-NET-JRF and GATE with validity as of January 2020. Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship or fellowship through any other national-level examinations as mentioned.
School of Biological Sciences
Relevant Areas: Biological / Mathematics / Bioinformatics / Agricultural Sciences / Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS)
- Eligibility Criteria 1
- Eligibility Criteria 2
- DBT-JRF (Category I), ICMR-JRF
Note: Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category I DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university/institution in India. Fellowships restricted to join DBT or ICMR-sponsored projects are not eligible.
- GATE (EY, XL and BT only)
Note: GATE (EY) qualified candidates will be considered only for Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour. GATE (XL) or GATE (BT) qualified candidates will be considered only for Bioinformatics.
- JGEEBILS (GS-2019)
Note: Candidates who have appeared for the JGEEBILS 2019 test can apply.
#JGEEBILS and GATE (EY, XL and BT only) candidates may be further shortlisted by IISER TVM Ph.D. applications shortlisting committee based on the marks/score.
Research Areas of the School of Biological Sciences
Bioinformatics, Cell Biology, Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour, Genetics, Genomics, Molecular Biology, Structural Molecular Biology, Mammalian Cell Division.
A written test/interview at IISER TVM will be conducted for the shortlisted applicants. The final selection of the candidates will be based exclusively on the interview results.
There will be two rounds of interviews at the School of Biology. There will be two rounds of interviews at the School of Biology. An entrance examination (based on Master’s-level Biology questions for 70% marks and 12th-level Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry questions for 30%) will be performed on the first day of interviews in case of an increased turnout of applicants.
|Opening of the online application portal||25 September 2019|
|Last date for receipt of online applications||15 October 2019|
|School of Biology||02 – 04 December 2019|
|School of Chemistry||15 – 16 November 2019|
|School of Physics||09 December 2019|
|Reporting time for all candidates||8.30 AM on the first day of the interview|
|Venue||IISER TVM, Vithura Campus|
NB: Hostel accommodation will be provided in the campus for applicants only on request in advance.
- Applicants should complete the online application form at the URL: http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd
- Only applications complete in all respects would be considered. Do not forget to click the “Submit” button after completing your application.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents online.
- Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email addresses of two referees in the application form.
- Applicants belonging to GE/OBC and SC/ST/PH categories are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- and Rs. 250/-, respectively, as a processing fee online at:
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with a unique application number.
- Applicants are NOT required to post hard copy of the application to IISER TVM.
- In case of any application-related queries, please contact the Ph.D. coordinator by email at: email@example.com. Any other mode of communication will not be entertained.
- Mere fulfillment of the eligibility criteria does not entitle a candidate to be called for the written test and/or interview.
For School of Biology, it is mandatory for all the candidates to submit a short research proposal of 300-400 words, which should clearly state a research problem you find interesting to address and how you approach towards solving this. While applying online, please upload this proposal under the section “Statement of Purpose”. Please note the proposal does not need to be related to the research ongoing at the School of Biology, IISER TVM. The proposal will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude and will be a major criterion for short-listing candidates for the interview.
Important Points for IISER TVM PhD Admission
- Relaxation for reserved categories to the eligibility criteria will be applicable as per Government of India rules.
- Candidates who meet minimum eligibility criteria for obtaining INSPIRE Ph.D. fellowship as per the DST guidelines can also apply. In the event of being shortlisted, and successfully cleared in the interview, the candidate shall be provisionally admitted for the Ph.D. program. The admission shall be cancelled, if the candidate cannot submit necessary documents for INSPIRE Ph.D. fellowship at the time of registration.