CSIR – IGIB PhD Admission 2020
CSIR-IGIB PhD 2020 Admission notification is out now. CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) PhD admissions 2020 notification. CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology Ph.D. Admission 2020 January Session. Check out all of the details on the same below:
The CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) is inviting applications from brilliant young people of various backgrounds with high motivation and excellent academic qualifications to undertake research in the frontier fields of modern biology leading to a Ph.D.
Genomics and molecular medicine, genome informatics and structural biology, chemical and system biology, respiratory disease biology and environmental biotechnology are the diverse interdisciplinary research domains. The students accepted for the Ph.D. will be enrolled in the Doctoral program of the AcSIR in January 2020.
Master’s degree (MSc / MTech / MPharm) in any branch of life sciences / biotechnology / chemistry / physics / mathematics / computer science or related topics with unique interest in biology with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA).
B. Tech (in Biological Sciences or other fields with special interest in Biology/ BPharm/ BE/ MBBS candidates with at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) may also apply.
In addition, in their XIIth standard board examination, all applicants should also have acquired at least 60 percent (or equivalent in CGPA). For SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy) applicants, both requirements are relaxed to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualification examination and in the XII standard board examination.
Candidates awaiting outcomes for the highest qualification exams may also appear, but at the moment of admission, their admission is subject to the clearing of all eligibility requirements.
Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
M.Sc/ M.Tech/ M.Pharm/ B.Tech/ M.Sc/ M.Tech/ M.Pharm/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm/ B.E/ MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC (JRF)/DBT (JRF)/ ICMR-JRF/ DST-INSPIRE or equivalent (fellowship certificate should be valid at least till December 31, 2019, in all cases).
In case of eligible candidates with already activated JRF fellowships, the consent letter from the appropriate authority for transfer of fellowship is to be submitted to CSIR-IGIB at the time of the interview, otherwise, the candidature is liable to cancellation.
GATE is NOT a valid fellowship to join Ph.D. Program for the Master’s degree holders. Please note that JGEEBILS / TIFR exam / IISc exam and similar exams are NOT valid CSIR-IGIB fellowship exams. Please do not apply with these exams as your fellowship source.
The upper age limit for SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy)/ physically disabled individuals as well as females applicants as per Govt of India is 28 years (as at the closing date of implementation, October 25, 2019).
1. Identify and contact the scientist you would like to work with at CSIR-IGIB before you decide to apply. Below is a list of vacant positions in laboratories
2. Request a recommendation from the scientist after communicating with the scientist in-person / on email / on phone / on skype etc. (Each applicant can send only ONE recommendation letter).
3. Now register on the AcSIR admission portal (acsir.res.in). The portal is open from 20th September 2019 to 24th October 2019.
b. Keep the AcSIR Application form number (which should be of the format AcSIRXXXXX) from the AcSIR application portal. This will be essential for applying on the CSIR-IGIB portal. Please note that this is not the same as the registration number.
c. In case you face any difficulty with online application form please inform Pratima at email@example.com well in advance of the deadline.
4. Things to keep ready before starting the IGIB application process:
a. AcSIR Application Form Number from AcSIR portal (this should be of the format AcSIRXXXXX).
b. A digital passport photograph NOT more than 2MB in size.
c. Details of your educational qualifications (marks, subjects, university, year of passing, etc). Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
d. Fellowship details
e. Candidates will have to submit a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- [Rs 500/- for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates]. The payment will be made through an online payment portal. Please keep your net banking details or your card details available with you.
f. Recommendation letter from your proposed Guide
g. A succinctly written research proposal (this does not have to be related to the work you will actually do in the PhD). This will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude. The proposal should address these points.
- Title of the proposal
- Introduction on the problem.
- What is not known?
- How do you aim to solve it?
- A one-page schematic can be hand-drawn, or computer made if needed.
- The total proposal can be a maximum of 1500 words (excluding the figure).
- The whole proposal (with figure) file should be a single PDF file.
- Please prepare and keep this ready before initiating the application process. This needs to be uploaded during the application process.
5. Link to the application form is available the bottom of this page.
a. Please fill in your Gender and Category before you proceed to fill up the date of birth or your qualifications.
b. In case you have made a mistake please refresh or close the tab. Refreshing the page or pressing back button of browser will reset all the details you entered. You can restart the process again to complete the registration process successfully.
c. During the application process you will be required to upload your research proposal and the recommendation letter from the proposed Guide.
d. After filling in the first step of the application process, you will be led to a page to confirm the details. Please check the details carefully.
e. Once you have confirmed the details, you will be redirected to the payment gateway. Payment amount will be determined as per the criteria given above.
f. Once payment is successful you will be redirected back to our site for the transaction and registration details.
g. You will get your admit card in your registered email address following this.
h. In case the payment is made and you have not obtained your registration details, please DO NOT initiate another payment.
i. If you have any difficulty or confusion please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants who meet minimum eligibility requirements will be invited to appear in the interviews at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi, on 23 November 2019 by email. The aim of the interviews is to assess the ability to understand, analyze and reason along with the candidate’s ability in biological sciences. Candidates will also be assessed with particular focus on their submitted research proposal at the moment of application. Candidates should be willing to create a brief 10-minute presentation (no slides, whiteboard only) based on their research interest and research proposal.
Finally selected applicants will have a compulsory interaction session with the Institute’s researchers.
- On or before 15 December 2019, the names of the successful applicants eligible to join the CSIR-IGIB Ph.D. program will be stated.
- Before 26 December 2019, the selected applicants are required to join CSIR-IGIB.
- Admission to AcSIR’s CSIR-IGIB PhD program is subject to authentication of all eligibility documents. Failure to fulfill the eligibility requirements will lead in the application being canceled at any point of the admission process without any reimbursement of the application charges.
- A non-refundable CSIR-IGIB admission fee (Rs 10000 for general category and Rs 5000 for SC / ST / non-creamy OBC applicants) is needed for all selected applicants at the moment of entry/admission.
- All chosen candidates are then expected to pay AcSIR’s first-semester tuition fees via the AcSIR portal (acsir.res.in) before December 31, 2019.
- At any point in the selection process, no TA / DA will be charged.
- The Admission Committee’s judgment will be final and binding and there will be no communication in this respect. It will be regarded as a disqualification to canvass any type and/or bring any impact.
Application portal for CSIR-IGIB will be open from 27 September 2019 9:30 AM to 25 October 2019 6:00 PM
- It is mandatory to get AcSIR Form number through the AcSIR admission portal (directions given below) that closes on 24 October 2019.
- AcSIR Form number is generated after registering and applying on the AcSIR admission portal (acsir.res.in). The portal is open from 20 September 2019 to 24 October 2019.