Admission to CSIR – IMTECH PhD Program 2020 (January Session)
CSIR – IMTECH, Chandigarh has officially announced the notification for CSIR – IMTECH PhD Program Admission 2020 (January Session). CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh PhD Program Admission 2020 (January Session) notification. Check out details on the same below:
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh
(CSIR – IMTECH), 160036 Sector 39-A, Chandigarh-160 036
Director, Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH), welcomes exceptionally motivated applicants to pursue doctoral research at IMTECH under a Ph.D. program run by IMTECH and Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR), New Delhi.
Please note that those applicants who are waiting for MSc results may also appear for the interview but are subject to all selection criteria being clarified for joining.
IMTECH is a multidisciplinary institution with outstanding research laboratories, state-of-the-art computational and library facilities, and faculty with interests in many distinct fields of modern biology and biotechnology.
Antibiotic drug discovery, virology, microbiome and bio-therapeutics are the main thrust areas of the institute. Positions may be available in the following fields during January 2020 session:
- Molecular Biology: Molecular biology of pathogens, antimicrobial research, gene silencing, stress tolerance, signal transduction, gene expression, genome-wide analysis, diagnostics and clinical markers using Nanotechnology, molecular glycobiology.
- Cell Biology & Immunology: Host-pathogen interactions, protein trafficking, molecular immunology, animal biotechnology.
- Protein Science & Engineering: Structure-function relationships, Protein design, folding, engineering, stability, expression, structure determination of proteins and structure-based drug designing etc.
- Applied & Environmental Microbiology: Genetic engineering of microbes, Microbial diversity and their metabolites.
- Bioinformatics: Computer-aided drug development, genome annotations, protein structure prediction, molecular simulations, data analytics, system biology
- Medicinal Chemistry: Design and synthesis of small molecules and analogs, natural products synthesis and their designed analogs, natural product discovery, discovery of new synthetic strategies and technologies
- Biochemical Engineering: Fermentation & downstream processing, Biotherapeutics and vaccine, process development and optimization, scale-up.
Eligibility Requirements: Candidates with a Master’s degree (M.Sc./M.Tech / M.Pharm) with a minimum aggregate of 55 percent marks or equivalent in CGPA in any branch of Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Computer Sciences or related subjects with special interest in Biology OR B.Tech (Information Technology / Computer Sciences / Biological Sciences or other fields with special interest in Biology) / B.Pharm / B.E. / MBBS applicants with at least 55 percent (or equivalent in CGPA) may apply. B.Tech/ B.Pharm/ BE students who fulfill the condition for GATE-JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.res.in/jrfgate.pdf) are also eligible. The minimum aggregate of marks in case of SC/ST/Differently-abled candidates is 50 percent.
Candidates also need to have any of the valid research fellowships such as CSIR/UGC NET or DBT JRF examination (‘A’ Category) or DST INSPIRE Fellowship or ICMR JRF examination or other equivalent fellowship. Please note that legitimate proofs of Fellowship exams and Masters / Bachelor’s degree or those anticipating their final results are required to show up in the interview.
Those coming for the interview must be ready to be present in Chandigarh for two days, which is the estimated time needed to finalize the admission. For appearing in the interview, no TA / DA or other expenditures will be paid. Applicants must also state their current occupation, if any, prior to the interview; any concealment may lead in admission being cancelled at any point.
Selection: The eligible candidates will be called for interview at IMTECH, Chandigarh. The purpose of the interview is to evaluate the understanding, critical assessment, logical reasoning, and scientific research aptitude of the candidate.
The results of the applicants selected will be reported on the website of AcSIR. The Ph.D. program fee is in accordance with the AcSIR fee framework. Currently, per semester fee is Rs. 7,000/- and thesis submission fees is Rs. 5,000/-.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit applications online at http://acsir.res.in. The deadline for submitting the application is 24th October 2019.
Important to note: In the event of selection, candidates shall be admitted on a provisional basis with a condition that they shall receive a fellowship from a funding agency for a period of five years. If candidates don’t receive fellowship, admission will be cancelled.
Residential Accommodation: On request and subject to availability, separate hostel accommodation for boys and girls on campus may be given to the admitted applicants.
Any questions related to admission may be enquired at email@example.com
The IMTECH Director’s decision on candidate selection/admission will be final.