IIT Roorkee PhD Biotechnology Admission
The official notification for IIT Roorkee Ph.D. Biotechnology Admission Spring Semester 2019-20 has been released. Interested and eligible candidates can check out the IIT Roorkee PhD Biotechnology Admission details, application procedure, Eligibility and more below:
About Doctoral Research
Taking into account the long history of academic achievement, the following institutional objectives for doctoral research have been set:
- To create a profound and wide understanding of the basics and state of the art of knowledge in the area selected through lessons and self-study ;
- To create synergies between creativity, innovation and frontiers of knowledge in the selected field of research,
- To develop the capacity and abilities to conduct independent research and development in order to meet the difficulties presented to humanity on particular issues and
- To Develop the capacity to discover new opportunities within the specified Indian social context and conduct research and development through one’s own initiatives.
The Ph.D. is awarded for research activity in fields identified by the Institute’s Academic Departments / Centres. The research work shall be an original work defined either by the discovery of facts, or by a new approach to the interpretation and implementation of facts, or by the creation of machinery making distinct progress in instrument technology. It should demonstrate the ability of the candidate for critical assessment and sound judgment and constitute an original contribution to current understanding.
Facilities for registering for the Ph.D. programme as a part-time candidate are also available.
Minimum Educational Qualification for Admission to Ph.D. Programme
Department of Biotechnology
- Master’s degree in any disciplines of Science
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in medical sciences, engineering, pharmacy, veterinary and related disciplines.
- MD / MS in Ayurveda
Department of Chemistry
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Chemistry/ Physics.
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology or M.Sc. in Biochemistry
Centre for Nanotechnology
- B.E./B.Tech or M.E./M.Tech. in Metallurgy / Chemical / Polymer / Mechanical / Biotechnology / Physics / 10 | P a g e Chemistry / Electronics / Electrical /Civil or equivalent
- M.Sc. / M.S. (Science / Engineering) B. Pharm /M. Pharm.
Application Fee per department (non-refundable): Rs. 200/- for General/Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)/OBC category and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PD category candidate. By using net banking or debit/credit card facilities, candidates can deposit the required application fee. Additional charges will apply in accordance with the bank’s rule. The fee is not accepted in any other mode.
If the candidate chooses more than one department/ centre, the application fee should be paid according to the department/ centre number.
Course Fee Structure:
For details of course fee structure, please visit the following link: https://www.iitr.ac.in/academics/pages/Doctoral_Programmes.html
The fee will be charged each semester as per Institute rules/ norms applicable from time to time. Details can be obtained through mail at email@example.com
Instruction for Online Application & Others
For admission to Ph.D. programmes in Spring Semester of the session 2019-20, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only from September 16, 2019, by accessing the website www.iitr.ac.in on or before September 26, 2019 (5:00 p.m.).
How to Apply:
The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before applying Online
- The prescribed qualifications and experience are the minimum required and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for an interview.
- Departments / Centres of the Institute reserve the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number, on the basis of qualifications and/or experience.
- Provision exists to apply in one or more departments/centers. Accordingly, a candidate can submit his/her application in one or more departments through single online application.
- All entries should be carefully made while applying online. IIT Roorkee will not be responsible for wrong entries. Candidates shall be sole responsible for the correctness and authenticity of the information / documents provided in the online application.
- Eligibility of candidate with regard to qualification & experience shall be calculated/considered with reference to the last date of the online application.
- Candidates must fill/enter their CGPA or percentage of marks as issued by their institute/college/university. Candidate must not convert their CGPA into percentage and vice-versa. If found so, then their application shall be rejected.
- Online application submitted by the candidates shall be considered final and binding. Requests for making correction in the online application shall not be entertained.
- Online application found incomplete in any form will be summarily rejected. No correspondence / communication will be entertained in this regard.
- The last date for submission of online application shall not be extended. Accordingly, no request shall be entertained for accepting the application after the last date. IIT Roorkee will not be responsible for technical error while making the online application/payment of the fee. Therefore, candidates are advised to submit their application well in advance without waiting until the last date.
- Online applications will be scrutinized, relevant documents will be checked/verified for their authenticity.
- Admission will be offered subject to availability of seats, faculty in the Specialization and the Institute Assistantship.
- Students shall be governed by ordinance/ regulations in vogue.
- The Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of the candidate who is found admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the statues and regulations in force.
- Disputes if any, arising out of or relating to any matter whatsoever, concerning the aforesaid shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Roorkee Court.
- The Institute reserves the right to verify the antecedents or documents submitted by the candidate at any time during their period of study. In case it is found that the documents submitted by the candidate are not genuine, then his/her admission shall be terminated, and disciplinary/criminal proceedings will be initiated.
- Merely applying for / being shortlisted/appearing for the interview / written test /or subsequent processes do not imply that a candidate will necessarily be offered admission in IITR. No request for considering the candidature in department, other than in which applied, will be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active e-mail addresses in the online application as all correspondence will be made by the Institute through e-mail only. All information regarding Test/Interview will be uploaded on the respective department’s website only. No separate communication will be made. Further, for any updates, please visit the Institute/department website regularly, for subsequent amendments in the advertisement and results. The Institute shall not be responsible for the failure of candidates with respect to visiting the website on any ground.
- The candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions as specified. Their admission will be purely provisional subject to confirmation that they satisfy the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of call letters to the candidates will not imply that his/her candidature has been found eligible.
- After joining, Hostel and mess facilities will be provided as per the availability.
Important Dates for IIT Roorkee PhD Biotechnology Admission:
Start of Online Application (Website Open): September 16, 2019
Last Date for submission of Online application (Website Closure): September 26, 2019 (5:00 p.m.)