Genomics Research Project Recruitment 2019
Division Plant Pathology, ICAR-IARI is recruiting for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and Senior Research Fellow (SRF) position. Indian Agricultural Research Institute Biotech/ Life Sciences genomics research job. Check out the details given below on genomics research project;
Division Plant Pathology
ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute
New Delhi-110 012
Division Plant Pathology, ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi 110012 will conduct a walk-in-interview to recruit outstanding personnel for the below mentioned research positions to work in ICAR-CRP (Genomics) and SERB-FICCI projects.
Name of the Project & Principal Investigator (PI): Development and validation of phyllosphere microbiome-based biostimulant for defense activation against blast disease and abiotic stresses in rice Funded by SERB & T- Stanes & Company under IIRRADA SCHEME
Name of Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Post: 02
Emoluments (Fixed) PM: Rs. 31, 000 + HRA (24 %) for the first two years; Upon satisfactory completion of two years Rs 35, 000 + HRA (24%) for the third year.
Essential Qualifications: Postgraduate degree in basic science or graduate/ post-graduate degree in professional courses selected through a process described through any norms given in DST Office Memorandum (O.M) No. SR/S9/Z-08/2018 i.e
i) Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Test CSIRUGC-NET including lectureship (Assistant professorship) and GATE
ii) The selection process through a national level exam conducted by Central government departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.
Desirable: Experience Molecular Microbiology and Molecular Plant Pathology or Microbial Genomics or Formulation of microbial bioinoculants.
Name of the Project & Principal Investigator (PI): CRP (Genomics)- Pathogenomics of Magnaporthe oryzae and Ralstonia solanacearum Funded by ICAR- CRP (Genomics)
Name of Post: ICAR–Senior Research Fellow (SRF) (Plant Pathology)
No. of Post: 01
Emoluments (Fixed) PM: Rs. 31,000 + 24% HRA (As per ICAR Memorandum F. No. Ag. Edn. 6/27/2014- HRD Dated 30th July 2019).
Essential Qualifications: Master’s degree in Plant Pathology/ Biotechnology/ /Microbiology/ Life science with 4/5 years bachelor’s degree. Those with 3 years bachelor’s degree must have UGC/CSIR/ICAR NET/GATE qualification or equivalent.
(As per ICAR memorandum F.No. Agri. Edn./6/27/2014/HRD Dated 13.07.2015 and F.No. Agri. Edn./6/27/2014/HRD Dated 09.10.2015).
Desirable: Experience in use of NGS based genomics tools, databases and proficiency in computer skills
How to apply: The eligible candidates may appear for the walk-in-interview on 4 October 2019 at 09:30 am along with their complete bio-data in a prescribed Application format. Application format can be obtained by request mail to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates must send their application in editable word file to Email: email@example.com on or before 25th September 2019 in the prescribed format.
- No need to send hard copies of application format or certificates by post.
- Application format that deviates from the given format will not be considered and there will be no communication on this matter.
- There will be no call letters. Applicants are anticipated to be present on that date and time at the interview location. Bring hard copies of the application format and original documents for verification with two copies of the latest passport size image
- Late arrival (after 10:00 AM) of interview candidates will be deemed to as ABSENT
Terms & Conditions
- The age should be maximum 35 years for SRF (Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Women & 3 years for OBC).
- SRF must assist Principal Investigator in day to day work related to project and other work related to the project and laboratory.
- The age should be maximum 40 years for RA (Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Women & 3 years for OBC).
- RA must assist Principal Investigator in day to day work related to project and other official administrative work related to the execution of the project.
- The age should be maximum 30 years for unskilled personnel (Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Women & 3 years for OBC).
- Unskilled personnel will assist SRF/RA/Students in the day to day programme related to projects
- Applicants with minimum eligibility alone need to send application and appear for interview
- The applicant must submit attested copies of certificates along with application and a brief of research work done vis-à-vis publications in peer-reviewed journals during post-graduation & present employment and two passport size photographs. Applicant must bring with them original documents at the time of interview for verification.
- All eligible candidates are requested to be present 30 minutes before scheduled time on the date of interview for necessaries formalities
- No objection certificate from the employer/ university, in case he/ she is in employment elsewhere.
- The selected candidates shall not claim for regular appointments at this Institute as the fellowship/post is purely temporary and co-terminus with respective Project/Schemes
- The continuation of contractual assistance will depend upon the progress reviewed every six months by the Principal investigator.
- No TA/DA will be paid to attend the interview. The interview will be held on 4th Oct 2019
- Any other clarifications can be had on the date of interview
- The decision of the competent authority will be final and binding in all respects. (xvi) Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate
- Place of posting is in Division of Plant Pathology, IARI, New Delhi -12. But expected to travel widely for various project-related work and field trials.
- MS word version of the application format can also be downloaded from scrolling link