Indo-U.S. Genome Engineering/ Editing Technology Initiative (GETin) Program
Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India along with Indo U.S. Science & Technology Forum, IUSSTF announces fellowship program between Indian institutes and premier U.S. Universities, in significant areas of Genome Engineering/Editing Technology (GETin).
The program is open to individuals whose research work has an interface with Genome Engineering / Editing Technology studies.
The Program is envisaged to:
- Provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- Promote research and capacity building.
- Encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path.
- Create attractive avenues for skilled overseas researchers to pursue R&D in Indian or to mentor Indian scientist (s);and,
- Pave the way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
Program Modules and Eligibility
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a Ph.D. on a full-time basis in various forefront disciplines of Biotechnology (agriculture, health sciences, bio-engineering, biomedical, fundamental biology or allied sciences) at a public- funded R&D lab/ S&T Institute /recognized academic institute / University / College in India.
For a period of upto 6 months.
Age: Up to 32 years as on 31 Dec 2019
- Indian citizens having Ph.D. in Life Science, Biotechnology, Engineering or Technology holding a regular position in public-funded R&D Lab/ S&T Institution / recognized Universities/ Colleges in India.
For a period of up to 5 weeks to 12 months
Age: Up to 45 years as on 31 Dec 2019
- U.S. Faculty or Foreign Post Docs presently working in U.S. (for at least two years) in a field having an interface with Genome Engineering /Editing Technologies.
- Applicant should possess Ph.D., M.D, M.S or equivalent degree with an outstanding track record as evident though publications and other recognitions.
For a period of 2-3 months.
Age: Up to 60 years as on 31 Dec 2019