Hands-on Training Workshop Basic Cell Culture Technology
The Cell Repository Department at the National Centre for Cell Science, Pune announces a hands-on training workshop entitled “Basic Cell Culture Technology” from October 21st – 24th, 2019.
The hands-on training workshop will include modules for important cell culture techniques related to cell line maintenance, expansion, cryopreservation and revival. Participants from academic and nonacademic institutions from all over the country are encouraged to apply.
This course is primarily intended for early career researchers including doctoral students, technical staff and young faculty involved in cell culture research using mammalian cell lines from academic and non-academic institutions.
Registration Fee (to be paid upon selection):
- Academic / Non-profit organization: Rs. 4000/-
- Private organization / Industry: Rs. 8000/-
The registration fee (non-refundable) will have to be paid online by selected participants within 10 days.
Travel, Food, Accommodation:
Participants will have to make their own arrangement for travel and food. Participants will be responsible for their own transport to and back from Pune. Accommodation on sharing basis will be arranged for out-station participants (no accompanying person) on payment at actuals. Details of accommodation will be shared later to selected participants.
All participants are requested to submit the following:
- Registration form (attached).
- Brief Curriculum Vitae (maximum 1-2 pg).
- A short write-up on their research background, mentioning the component of his or her research that needs cell and tissue culture technique and how this workshop will be helpful for their future research.
- Letter of recommendation on institutional letterhead from the Principal Investigator / Head of Department /Guide of the participant.
Application has to be sent through email only with Subject Line as “Application for Basic Cell Culture Technology Workshop, October 2019”
E-mail: email@example.com (for workshop purpose only)
Applications received after the due date and incomplete applications without required documents will not be considered.
The number of participants selected on a competitive basis is restricted to a maximum of 20-25.
Names of selected participants will be displayed on the NCCS website & informed on e-mail by September 20th, 2019.
Application Deadline: September 8 th, 2019
Venue: Cell Repository, National Centre for Cell Science, Pune