Biochemistry & Biotechnology Research Fellow Post
B Tech Biotechnology, Msc Biochemistry and Medical Biotechnology candidates are requested to attend walk-in-interview for Junior Research Fellow position. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) Biotechnology Research Fellow Post. Check out the details given below:
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry-605006
Position Title: Junior Research Fellow
Monthly Emoluments: Rs.25,000/- + HRA (Rs.5,000/-)
- Project Title: Effect of Colchicine in Septic Shock (COLISEPS Trial) – A Pilot Study
- Duration: 3 years
- Principal Investigator: Dr. R. Venkateswaran, Associate Professor of Medicine.
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc in Medical Biotechnology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or Equivalent degree. BE or B. Tech in Biotechnology or Equivalent Degree.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Good communication skills in Tamil and Proficiency in English
- Basic computer knowledge required for data entry and data analysis.
- Experience: Animal (Mice) handling, ELISA and Western Blot techniques
- Any Publication in Science Citation Indexed Journal
- National Eligibility Test Qualified (like ICMR-JRF, CSIR-UGC, JGEEBILS)
Upper Age Limit: Not exceeding 28 years as on 28th August 2019. However, can be relaxed for OBC/SC/ST candidates as per norms.
How to apply: Interested candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria may register online and attend the walk-in-interview.
Selection procedure: Registered applicants will be screened and eligible candidates will be intimated by email, on 15th August 2019 to attend the interview. On 28th August 2019, after certificate verification, all candidates found eligible will have to appear for the written test. Based on the performance in the written test, the top 5 (Five) candidates will be shortlisted to appear for Personal Interview. List of Shortlisted Candidates will be displayed in the Departmental Notice Board at 2 PM on the same day. The final merit list will be drawn after the Interview, with the Selected candidate and Waitlisted candidates. The same will be valid for one year from the date of Publications of results.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for appointment to the post of JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW
- The appointment is PURELY on TEMPORARY BASIS (co-terminus with the project) will be initially for a period of ONE YEAR and the extension may be granted up to THREE YEARS based on the performance with effect from the date of joining. If the period is not extended further, the same will lapse automatically.
- If the performance of the appointee is not found satisfactory by the Principal Investigator, then an appointment can be terminated at any time without assigning any reason.
- If the appointee wishes to resign, it can be done by giving one month’s notice or by paying one month’s salary.
- The appointee is not entitled to any T.A. for attending the interview and joining the appointment.
- Qualification, experience, other terms, and conditions may be relaxed/altered at the discretion of the Principal Investigator. The decision of the Competent Authority will be final.
- The appointee shall perform the duties as assigned to him/her. The competent authority reserves the right to assign any duty as and when required. No extra/additional allowances will be admissible in case of such assignment.
- The appointee shall be on the whole time appointment of the JIPMER and shall not accept any other assignment, paid or otherwise and shall not engage himself/herself in private practice of any kind during the period of contract.
- The appointee shall not be entitled to any benefit like Provident Fund, Pension, Gratuity, Medical Attendance Treatment, Seniority, Promotion, etc. or any other benefits available to the Government Servants, appointed on regular basis.
- The appointee will not be eligible to get official accommodation/quarters allotment within the campus as applicable to the other regular employees of this Institute.
- The Income Tax or any other tax liable to be deducted, as per the prevailing rules will be deducted at source before effecting the payment, for which the Department will issue TDS Certificate/s.
For further queries, if any, contact Principal Investigator with an email of the subject mentioned as “Enquiries about DST-SERB COLISEPS project recruitment”
Dr. Venkateswaran R, Email ID – (firstname.lastname@example.org) Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, JIPMER, Puducherry – 605006.