Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) Fellowship Program
The official notification for the Water Advanced Research and Innovation Fellowship Program 2019 has been released. Interested and eligible candidates can check about the WARI Fellowship Program 2019, Eligibility, Duration and Application Guidelines.
Recognizing the significance of water for human development, the environment and the economy, and therefore needs to feature prominently in the development agenda of both India and the United States; the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL), the Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute at the University of Nebraska (DWFI) and the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) have colaborated to nurture cooperation between students and scientists from both countries.
The Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) Fellowship Program – a dynamic and transformative program has thus been developed to foster long term Indo-American science and technology partnerships.
The Program is envisaged to:
- Provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world-class research facilities at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln; Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute, Purdue University, Texas Tech University and the University of Idaho ;
- Promote research and capacity building in the area of water;
- Encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path; and
- Pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
Broad Categories for Research
- Ecological and human health impacts of pollutants and emerging contaminants
- Groundwater quality assessment and management
- Health impacts of water quality (including health risk assessment)
- Laboratory methods to support water-related research
- Methodologies to help remediate current and future contamination threats
- Methods for measuring water quality
- Non-point source pollution and rural drinking water quality
- Remote sensing applications for monitoring water quantity and quality
- Social and behavioral aspects of understanding and protecting water quality
- Wastewater quality, management, and reuse
- Quality of water in pipe distribution systems
- Microbial source tracking
- Fate and transport of microbial pathogens in the environment
- Evaluation of low-cost technologies for water and soil pollution remediation
Eligibility for Water Advanced Research and Innovation Fellowship
For Student Internships
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Water Science and Engineering at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India;
Age: Upto 32 years as on 31 December 2019
- Indian citizens having Ph.D. in Water Science and Engineering.
- Applicants must be able of doing independent research work and have published in internationally recognized academic journals.
- Open to applicants working in the fields of Water resources, water chemistry and environmental engineering.
- Employment: The applicant should be holding a regular position at any public-funded R&D Lab/ S&T Institution / recognized Universities/Colleges in India.
Age: Upto 40 years as on 31 December 2019.
- Internship: Minimum 3 months and upto 6 months
- Fellowships: Minimum 3 months and up to 12 months
Note: The above numbers are tentative and can be increased, decreased or inter-changed in either category at the discretion of DST, IUSSTF and UNL.
Number of Fellowships
- Student Internships 5
- Fellowships 5
Application Guidelines for WARI Fellowship Program
- Applications for internships should be submitted using Online Application Portal for Visitation Program
- Applications for fellowships should be submitted using Online Application Portal for Visitation Program
- For any queries, please contact email@example.com. For technical assistance with respect to the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications in subject-fields other than those specified in the advertisement will not be considered. (Please go through the “Broad Categories for Research” list on the IUSSTF webpage)
- The applicant’s parent institute has to protect the interests of the applicant selected for Internship/Fellowship w.r.t. his/her service, if any, and IUSSTF will not bear any expenses towards leave salary, Provident fund contribution, pensionary benefits, etc., for the period of stay in the United States.
- Incomplete applications and applications received after the stipulated date will not be considered.
The submission deadline for Water Advanced Research and Innovation Fellowship Program: 30 September 2019
Contact Information Dr. Chaitali Bhattacharya