Government of India
Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
ZOOLOGICAL SURVEY OF INDIA
Freshwater Biology Regional Centre, Hyderabad- 500048
Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) Government job vacancies for MSc life sciences candidates. Junior Research Fellow position in Freshwater Biology Regional Centre, Zoological Survey of India at Hyderabad, Telangana. Life Sciences Research Post. Check out the details given below:
Name of the Position: Junior Research Fellow
No. of positions: 01
Monthly Fellowship: A Junior Research Fellow will be paid a Fellowship of Rs. 12,000/- per month. A contingency grant of Rs. 15,000/- per annum per fellow will be made available for the JRF. The tenure of J.R.F. will be for a period of two years.
Duration: The position is for a period of five years and purely on a temporary basis and will be terminated on completion of the tenure.
On Completion of two years, the JRF will be upgraded to Senior Research Fellow (SRF) based on satisfactory performance and assessment through Expert Committee
Educational Qualification: Master degree in Zoology / Life Sciences / Environmental Sciences or equivalent with Zoology as a major subject in undergraduate course from a recognized University with minimum 55% marks.
Desirable Qualification*: Experience in field survey/ molecular taxonomy/ handling sequence data/Phylogenetic analysis
Age Limit: Age shall not be more than 28 years as on 31 July 2019. Upper age limit is relaxed up to 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-Non Creamy Layer (NCL)/Women/ Physically Challenged applicants as per Govt. rules
Remark: JRF is expected to work in the DNA laboratory present at FBRC, Hyderabad. However, he/she will be encouraged for pursuing Ph. D.
Job Details: JRF is expected to undertake handling of molecular techniques and extensive field surveys in the forests and wetland areas of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh or any other place as decided by the competent authority and therefore, required to be physically fit to undertake research in terrain and hostile conditions.
How to apply: Interested and eligible candidates are requested to appear before the selection committee on 08-08- 2019 at 11:00 AM (walk-in-interview) for the above-mentioned post at the Zoological Survey of India, Freshwater Biology Regional Centre, Attapur, Hyderguda at Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Candidates appearing for the walk-in-interview are required to register up to 10.00 AM on the day of interview at Zoological Survey of India, Freshwater Biology Regional Centre, Zoological Survey of India, Attapur, Hyderguda at Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- The verification of original documents will be made at the time of walk-in-Interview and (even after selection), if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to wilfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, such applicant will not be considered for selection and due action will be implemented.
- The candidate selected will be liable to be posted anywhere in the country, including field sites and HQ of ZSI, will have to join immediately after their selection.
- Candidates should submit the duly filled-in applications with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, proof for date of birth etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from present employer (if employed) to The Officer-in-charge, Freshwater Biology Regional Centre, Zoological Survey of India, Attapur, Hyderguda, Hyderabad- 500048, Telangana at the time of walkin-interview.
- No TA/DA will be provided to the candidates for appearing for the Walk-in-interview.
- Incomplete application forms/applications with misrepresented facts will not be considered
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right of selection or rejection of a candidature including cancellation of the advertisement without assigning any reason.