Govt ZSI Life Sciences Research Post
Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) Government job vacancies for MSc life sciences candidates. Junior Research Fellow posts for Diptera – DST fellowship at Zoological Survey of India. Life Sciences Research Post. Check out the details given below:
Project Details: Diptera – DST fellowship “Ecological modelling for the proactive management of Aedes albopictus and Aedes aegypti vector mosquitoes of dengue, chikungunya and Zika viruses in different regions of India” under SERB, DST Programme
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow
No. of positions: 01
Monthly Emoluments: [JRF Rs. 31,000/- for first two years and SRF Rs. 35,000 (after two years & fulfilling requirements)]+HRA
Duration: Initially up to one year, may be extended for further period(s) based on satisfactory performance of individual and funding
Educational Qualification: M.Sc. in Zoology/ Entomology/ Life Sciences/ or equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
Desirable Qualification*: Prior work experience in the mosquito biology and ecology/ interest on field data collection for mosquito fauna/taxonomy/ DNA barcoding/ molecular phylogeny and behavioral bioassays.
Age Limit: up to 28 years
Description of Work: The position involves studies on taxonomy, population dynamics, life-table studies, SEM morphology, morphometrics, phylogeny, role of climate change and behavioral studies on Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus mosquito vectors from Jodhpur, Delhi and Kolkata areas. The project involves long term field surveillance of mosquitoes in the study locations and laboratory studies.
Study areas: Jodhpur, Delhi and Kolkata
Proposed objectives: Surveillance of mosquitoes, population dynamics, degree day and lifetable studies, SEM and molecular studies.
Deliverables: Mosquito diversity, seasonal population density, biological attributes of ecologically varied populations in morphology, morphometrics, lifetable and molecular genetics
#UGC/CSIR NET JRF/GATE qualified candidates would be awarded fellowship in line with DST norms, while otherwise competent suitable candidates would be provided fellowship as mentioned above which are likely to be amended as per ZSI norms.
*Desirable qualifications are only indicative in nature. In case of exceptional candidates, these may be relaxed.
How to apply
Interested and eligible candidates are required to appear before the selection committee on 22nd July 2019 at 11 AM at the Zoological Survey of India, Head Qtrs., M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata – 700053, West Bengal, India.
Date and place of interview: 22nd July 2019 at 11 AM at Zoological Survey of India, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata – 700053
- The above posts are purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
- The upper age limit is as on the date of interview. The age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years, asin case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/women (as per GoI rules).
- Candidates appearing for the walk-in-interview are required to register from 09:45-10:45 AM on the day of interview at Zoological Survey of India, ‘M’ Block, New Alipore, Kolkata-700053. Candidates should bring the duly filled-in application with attested true copies of testimonials of qualifications, experience, date of birth etc. along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations. All original documents should be produced at the time of registration. Interested candidates are encouraged to email CV/Biodata to PI at email@example.com.
- The offer of appointment to the candidates will be on purely contractual basis up to 31st March 2019 initially and it may be extended for further period(s) based on further project extension and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
- The selected candidate need to join immediately or at a short notice.
- No TA/DA will be provided to the candidates for appearing for the interview.
- The application form can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website http://zsi.gov.in.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right to selection or rejection of any candidature and cancellation of the walk-in-interview.
- Interested candidates may send their advance application as soft copy to the email id firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning “Diptera-DST fellowship” in the subject line