RGCB Life Sciences JRF Job
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) is inviting applications from eligible applicants for a Junior Research Fellow position under SERB (DST) funded project entitled “Deciphering the role of mycobacterial error-prone polymerase DNAE2 in antibiotic persistence and conferring adaptation to stress during biofilm formation”.
Name of the Position: Junior Research Fellow
Name of Principal Investigator: Dr. Krishna Kurthkoti
No. of Position(s): 01
- Candidate having a Master’s degree in any branch of Life Science. Applicants should have at least 60 percent marks in MSc.
- Candidates who fulfill the above eligibility but are waiting for the final result are also requested to apply provided they receive their degree at the moment of the interview.
- National Eligibility Test Qualification such as CSIR-UGC NET / GATE etc.
- Molecular biology and bacterial genetics experience.
Age: Under 28 years as of July 1, 2019. Relaxation of the age will be provided according to Govt. Of India’s standards.
- For M.Sc. Degree holders with NET / GATE (with valid certificate) qualifications: 31,000 + 16% HRA per month.
- Candidates without NET / GATE qualification will get 12,000/- + 20% HRA per month.
Duration: The project duration is for 3 years, but the initial appointment will be for the 1-year duration and further extension will be given depending upon the performance of the candidate.
Suitably skilled applicants may send applications with a photograph in the prescribed format, a copy of the complete resume showing the Marks acquired and certified photo copies of qualifications and experience to reach the undersigned on or before 1 July 2019.
- Envelopes must be superscribed with abbreviated project title, advertisement number and job title. Appointment to the position will not (permanently or otherwise) entitle the applicant to any future roles at RGCB.
- As with all RGCB project positions, the position will be co-terminus with the end of the project.
Completely filled applications should be sent to Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Poojappura, Thycaud P.O, Thiruvananthapuram – 695014, Kerala.
Only those who fulfill the above requirements need to apply and will be interviewed. In case more than 10 applicants are selected by screening the applications, a written test will be performed before the selection interview and only those who are successful will be interviewed in the written exam.
There will be no TA / DA / Other emoluments in the written test/interview.