MSc Life Sciences Project Fellow Post
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune invites applications from Indian nationals for the Project Assistant / Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow) positions under the DBT funded project:
Name of the Post: Project Assistant / Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow)
Number of posts: 01 (One)
Name of the Project: “Theoretical and empirical investigations on the interaction of predictability, periodicity of fluctuations and bottleneck size in affecting microbial evolution”
Funding agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Project Code: 30817349
Minimum Educational Qualification: M.Sc. in any branch of life-sciences or equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade. Candidates awaiting their final year result may also apply. Candidate must have his / her Master’s Degree mark sheet and/or certificate at the time of joining.
- Candidates with experience in handling Drosophila as well as E. coli populations.
- Valid CSIR-NET / GATE, DBT-JRF or equivalent.
Tenure of the appointment: Initially for a period of one year which may be extended subject to continuation of the project and satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
- Project Assistant -Rs. 16,000 + 30% HRA per month.
- Project Fellow (Junior Research Fellow) – Rs. 25,000/- + 30% HRA per month based on valid CSIRNET / GATE, DBT-JRF or equivalent scorecard.
Age: Not more than 28 years as on date of Walk-in interviews
Day, Date, Time & Venue for Selection Process: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 08.45 AM in Seminar Room No. 24, 1st floor, Main Building, IISER Pune, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune – 411 008.
NOTE: There will be a written test at 9.00 AM. Only the candidates who qualify the written test will be interviewed. Candidates reporting after 9.00 AM will not be considered for selection process.
How to apply
At the time of the interview, applicants need to bring duly filled prescribed application form (available below advertisement link), self-attested photocopies of certificates in support of educational qualification, experience, date of birth and in support of information submitted in the application form and one recent passport size colour photograph. Applicants are also requested to bring one sealed recommendation letter, which will be collected at the time of the interviews.
The applicant must also bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
General Information/details about the post
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- Relaxation in requirement of qualification and/or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious applicants with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- Age relaxation commensurate with educational qualification and experience of the applicant may be considered for candidates having qualification and experience higher than the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be considered in each stage of the selection process. Where the number of candidates appearing for walk-in interview is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all eligible candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be considered for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the application.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries /correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.