IISER Pune Project Assistant Post
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune invites applications from Indian nationals having excellent academic record and relevant work experience for the following positions purely on temporary and contractual basis under the funded project:
Post: Project Assistant
Number of Posts: 1 (One)
Funding Agency: Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Project code: 31817298
Minimum Qualifications: M.Sc. in Biology or equivalent discipline
Preference: Candidates with degree in ecology, environmental sciences, conservation or a related discipline and also having at least 6 months of cumulative field research experience and are skilled in mist-netting, handling of animals, acquiring and analyzing acoustic data will be preferred.
Tenure of appointment: Initially for a period of one year, extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project
Consolidated Emoluments: Rs. 16,000/- + 30% HRA per month
Age: Not more than 28 years as on closing date of advertisement.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to email@example.com on or before June 25, 2019. Please mention “Project Assistant” Project Code: 31817298” in the subject line of the email.
List of shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date, time, and venue will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
The print out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of selection process. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of selection process for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies.
General Information/details about the post
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- Relaxation in requirement of qualification and/or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious applicants with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- Age relaxation commensurate with educational qualification and experience of the applicant may be considered for candidates having qualification and experience higher than the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.