GSBTM Industrial Biotech Training Programme [IBTP] – 2019 official notification is out now. Biotech students interested in industrial training can apply for IBTP 2019. Check out the details given below:
Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission Industrial Biotech Training Programme [IBTP] – 2019
Philosophy of the Programme
The Philosophy of this Programme is to facilitate on-project Industrial training & capacity building of students freshly graduating as well as previous year pass outs who are currently unemployed with B.E-Biotechnology/M.Sc. from various Biotechnology & related Academic programmes that are interested for a career in Biotech Industry.
Opportunity @ your doorstep
- Hands-on training on live projects in Biotech Industries
- 6 Months Training Programme
- Monthly Stipend to trainees belonging to SC/ST or total family income below 6.5 Lacs.
- Selection through interview and / Exam
- Token fees to training organization
Who Should Apply?
1) Fresh Postgraduate and Previous year pass outs (Currently unemployed of B.E./M.Sc. in any Branch of Biological Sciences are eligible to apply. Graduates of B.E. Biotechnology/Post Graduates of Biosciences and selected Academic programmes currently unemployed that are interested in a career in the biotech industry.
2) Either a domicile of Gujarat or has taken education (Graduation or Post Graduation) in Gujarat.
Method of Selection and allotment to the Industry
All the applications received before the due date, are screened preliminarily for eligibility & suitability and shall then be subjected to a Committee constituted for the purpose. Representatives from Industry may also be invited in the constitution of the committee.
Through the interests of the candidates shall be considered, the allotment of the industry department to a selected trainee is solely at the discretion of the committee as might be deemed fit by the committee. No requests to this effect from prospective trainee(s) shall be entertained, whatsoever. However, all rights regarding allotment of training, transfer or withdrawal are reserved with this office; and the decision of Mission Director in all regards is final.
All the candidates are expected to submit periodic reports, etc as prescribed by this office from time to time. This office intends to improve the programme on the basis of the lessons learnt from earlier experiences. Accordingly, representative(s) from this office visits the campus to monitor the efficacy of the program.
Candidates shall be selected for the said Industrial Biotech Training Programme by a committee authorized for the purpose depending upon the interest expressed by the biotechnology industry, vacancies indicated, budget availability, preference indicated by the candidates, etc. Selected students belonging to SC/ST or total family income below 4.5 Lacs are paid a nominal stipend towards sustenance.
Thus, the IBTP provides an opportunity for a student desirous of making a career in Biotech Industry, some amount of Industrial Training, thus rendering him/her with better employability (in Industry). Hence, candidates NOT INTERESTED for a career in Biotech Industry are strongly DISCOURAGED from applying for the said programme. ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES WHO ARE INTERESTED IN A CAREER IN BIOTECH INDUSTRY NEED APPLY