The official notification for ICMR NIRRH PhD Programme 2019 has been released. ICMR-ICMR-National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health PhD Programme Admissions 2019. Check out all of the details below:
ICMR NIRRH PhD Programme 2019
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai invites applications from highly motivated graduates having a consistently good academic record in Modern Biology for enrollment in the Ph.D. Programme.
ICMR-National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health
Jehangir Merwanji Street, Parel, Mumbai 400 012
The thrust areas of research include Fertility Regulation, Infertility and Reproductive Disorders, HIV/STIs/RTIs, Maternal and Child Health, Immunology and Microbiology, Reproductive cancers, Osteoporosis, Genetic Disorders, Stem Cell Biology, Structural Biology, Bioinformatics and Reproductive Toxicology. The Institute is affiliated to the University of Mumbai for the award of Ph.D. degree in. Life Sciences, Applied Biology and Biochemistry.
Who Can Apply:
1) Candidates who are Indian citizen and having Post graduate degree in any branch of Life Sciences (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/Zoology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics etc.) or MBBS or MD degree from India with at least 60% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) from higher secondary (10+2) onwards for General and OBC category and 55% for SC/ST/Differently-abled candidate in aggregate (or equivalent grade). In case CGPA is not based on 10 point scale candidate should provide a statement issued by the respective University indicating conversion of CGPA to percentage. Candidates, who have appeared or are appearing for qualifying examination in the academic year 2018-19 and results are awaited, are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates will have to submit the proof of qualifying marks either at the time of interview or if selected at the time of admission. Kindly note that registration for PhD degree at Mumbai University will happen only after fulfilling the eligibility criteria of Mumbai University. AND
2) The candidates should have cleared at least one of the following exams Either
Ph.D. entrance test (PET) conducted by the University of Mumbai in the subjects of Life Science / Applied Biology /Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Zoology/ Biophysics/ Bioanalytical Sciences/ Biomedical Engineering/ Molecular Biology.
OR GATE (Life Sciences/ Biotechnology)/ SET (Biological Sciences/ Life sciences) / CSIR-UGC NET (JRF or LS) / JRF examination conducted by national agencies such as ICMR/DBT/GPAT
OR Valid DST-Inspire fellowship
Age Limit: Upper age limit is 28 years as on 5th July 2019 for General Category. Age relaxation of up to 5 years (33 years) for SC/ST/Differently Abled/ Women candidates and up to 3 years (31 years) for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates will be granted.
Reservation: Will be as per the UGC rules followed by the University of Mumbai.
How to apply:
Printed copy of the filled application form should be submitted along with a non¬refundable Demand Draft for Rs 300/- (Exempted for SC/ST and Differently Abled candidates, provided they submit supporting document) drawn in favour of “The Director, NIRRH” to In-charge, Post Graduate Studies, ICMR-National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Jehangir Merwanji Street, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, so as to reach on or before 15th July 2019. The envelope should be marked as “NIRRH Ph.D. 2019“. Incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will be disqualified.
The names of the short-listed candidates along with date and time for the personal interview will be displayed on the NIRRH and ICMR website. The list of Ph.D. guides (who have vacancy for Ph.D. students in their laboratory) and a brief description of their research project would be given to shortlisted candidates. Final selection would be based on the performance in the interview.
he selected candidates, who have passed JRF examination conducted by CSIR/ UGC/ ICMR/ DST can avail fellowship as per the rules of the respective funding agency. Non-fellowship holders will be provided Institutional fellowship of Rs. 8000/- per month which will be initiated only after successful completion of coursework and Ph.D. proposal presentation. It will be for 2 years only and later these students are encouraged to seek fellowship from other funding agencies.
Hostel: Women candidates selected for Ph.D. may avail Hostel facility upon request.
NIRRH reserves the right to change the minimum eligibility criteria in case of receipt of large number of applications. The decision of the Director and Selection Committee will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as disqualification. No traveling allowance shall be provided by the Institute at any stage of the admission process and outstation candidates appearing for the interview should make their own arrangements for their stay in Mumbai
For any issues regarding submission of form kindly send email to `email@example.com‘
Important Dates for ICMR NIRRH PhD Programme
- Start of online application: 10th June 2019
- Last date for submission of online application: 5th July 2019
- Last date for submission of hard copy of the application and demand draft: 15th July 2019
- Announcement of candidates shortlisted for Interviews: will be displayed on NIRRH website
- Date of Interview: will be displayed on NIRRH website