Zoological Survey of India Government job vacancies for MSc life sciences candidates. Junior Research Fellow posts for MSc life sciences candidates at Zoological Survey of India. Life Sciences Research Post. Check out the details given below:
Zoological Survey of India
Government of India
Ministry of Environment Forests & Climate Change
Project Title: “Delimiting Species Boundaries in Pest and Vector thrips (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) from India”
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of posts: 01
Fellowship: Rs. 31000+ HRA* (first two years) Rs. 35000+HRA* (for 3rd year)
Educational Qualification: Post graduate degree in Zoology/ Life Sciences/ or equivalent from a recognized University. Preferably having qualified CSIR-UGC NET or GATE with a valid score or any other similar type of national level exam.
2nd year Master students appearing for the final exam can also apply. However, the final mark sheet must be submitted at the time of joining of post.
Desirable Qualification: Experience in field survey/ molecular taxonomy/ handling sequence data/ phylogenetics analysis/bioinformatics
Duration: Initially up to one year, may be extended for further period(s) based on satisfactory performance of individual and funding.
*Fellowship will be as per the SERB rules and regulations. If candidates are not found as per SERB guidelines, the fellowship will be 16000-18000+HRA.
How to apply
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to appear before the selection committee on 10-06-2019 at 11:00 AM for the posts of Junior Research Fellow at the Zoological Survey of India, Head Qtrs., ‘M’ Block, New Alipore, Kolkata-700053, West Bengal
Date & Place of Interview: 10-06-2019 at 11:00 PM at Zoological Survey of India, ‘M’ Block, New Alipore, Kolkata-700053.
Contact Details of Principal Investigator: Dr. Vikas Kumar, Scientist D, Centre for DNA Taxonomy, Molecular Systematics Division Zoological Survey of India, M Block New Alipore, Kolkata 700 053, Mobile: +91-9674944233 E-mail: email@example.com
- The above posts are purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
- The upper age limit is as on the date of interview. The age limit may be relaxed as per Government of India rules and regulations).
- Candidates appearing for the walk-in-interview are required to register up to 11 AM on the day of interview at Zoological Survey of India, ‘M’ Block, New Alipore, Kolkata-700053. Candidates should bring the duly filled-in application with attested true copies of testimonials of qualifications, experience, date of birth etc. along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations. All original documents should be produced at the time of registration.
- The offer of appointment to the candidates will be on purely contractual basis upto one year initially and it may be extended for a further period(s) based on further project extension and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
- The selected candidate need to join immediately or at a short notice.
- No TA/DA will be provided to the candidates for appearing for the interview.
- The application form can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website http://zsi.gov.in.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right to selection or rejection of any candidature and cancellation of the walk-in-interview.
- Candidates may send an electronic copy of their duly filled application form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning SERB project in the subject line.
- Incomplete application forms/applications with misrepresented facts will not be considered