ICAR- National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources JRF and Project Assistant Post
Eligible candidates are invited to attend “Walk-in-Interview” for the post of Junior Research Fellow (1 no.) and Project Assistant (1 No.) at ICAR-NBPGR, Regional Station, Dr. PDKV Campus, Akola.
ICAR- National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources
Regional Station, Dr. PDKV Campus, Akola- 444 104
Project Details: Department of Biotechnology (DBT) funded project entitled “Genetic Enhancement of Minor Pulses: Characterization, Evaluation, Genetic Enhancement and Generation of Genomic Resources for Accelerated Utilization and Improvement of Minor Pulses” (up to Oct 2021).
Name of the Post and Number: Junior Research Fellow (01 No.)
Emoluments per month: Rs. 25000/- +10% HRA per month for 1 st and 2nd year and Rs 28,000/- + 10% HRA per month from 3rd year onwards
Essential Qualification: Postgraduate degree in Agricultural Botany/ Botany with specialization in Genetics/ Plant breeding with first division/60% marks/ equivalent overall grade point average along with NET/GATE qualification OR Ph.D. in Agricultural Botany/ Botany from a recognized University with specialization in Genetics and/or Plant Breeding / with first division / 60% marks / equivalent grade point average OR Post Graduate degree (Masters degree) in professional courses in life sciences/plant sciences/Agriculture with specialization in Genetics and/or plant breeding with first division/60% marks/ equivalent overall grade point average.
Desirable Qualification: Experience of working in the field of Genetics and plant breeding in field crops
Name of the Post and Number: Project Assistant (01 No.)
Emoluments per month: Rs.15000/- (Consolidated) per month
- Degree in any plant sciences discipline from a recognized university
- Minimum one year of experience in agricultural fields/farms such as sowing, harvesting, data recording etc.
Desirable Qualification: Experience of working in field crops
How to apply
Eligible candidates are invited to attend “Walk-in-Interview” at the venue of the interview: ICAR-NBPGR Regional Station, Dr. PDKV Campus, Akola-444104
Date/Time of interview: 18th June, 2019; 10:00AM
Terms and Conditions
- Upper age limit (on date of advertisement) is 35 years (men) and 40 years (women). Age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC as per GOI/ICAR norms.
- The posts are purely temporary and co-terminus with the project, selected candidate have no right to claim for regularization or absorption whatsoever in ICAR/NBPGR
- After selection, the continuation of JRF and PA will be based on their performance.
- Candidates having essential qualification will only be considered for interview.
- No TA/DA and official accommodation will be provided for appearing in the interview.
- If the number of candidates appearing for walk-in-interview for Project Assistant post are more than 30, then screening will be done for shortlisting the candidates as per interview committee’s decision.
- The decision of The Director, ICAR-NBPGR, New Delhi will be final and binding in all aspects.
- The Director, ICAR-NBPGR shall also reserve the right to terminate the contract of job as mentioned above, even before the completion of the project for which no appeal thereof shall be made
- Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification or termination.
- The candidate intending to attend the interview, if any of his/her near or distant relative is an employee of the ICAR/NBPGR, have to declare his/her name, designation, nature of duties, relationship in advance in writing so as to reach the Officer-In-Charge, ICARNBPGR, Regional Station, Akola (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 17th June, 2019. If on the date of interview such declaration is furnished and found that his/her relative is an employee of ICAR/IARI, such candidates will not be allowed for interview.
- All the other candidates are also required compulsorily to furnish the declaration duly signed in the format annexed and submit on the date of interview.
- The candidates will have to compulsorily bring the filled in application form (four copies as per the format annexed), all the original certificates from matriculation onwards, date of birth certificate, NET/equivalent certificate, degree certificate either original or provisional and one set of the self-attested photocopies of all the required certificates from matriculation onwards and an attested copy of recent passport size photograph pasted onto one copy of the application form. Proof of experience and publications also need to be submitted. The selected candidate will be required to produce medical certificate at the time of joining.
- In case of any disputes, it will be resolved in the jurisdiction of New Delhi court only.