Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), a Dept. of Biotechnology (Govt. of India) initiative is hiring for Facility Assistant position.
Applications are open for the position: Facility Assistant, Electron Microscopy Facility at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms
The electron microscopy facility is a multidisciplinary research and educational core facility. Currently, it maintains two electron microscopes including high-resolution transmission electron microscope (TEM) Tecnai T12 G2 spirit and high-resolution field emission scanning electron microscope (SEM) Merlin Compact VP as well as biological sample preparation lab.
The EM facility emphasizes on education and training and supports the research needs for students and faculty within the bio luster by training them to a level where they can independently conduct their electron microscopy-based experiments.
The successful candidate will:
- report to the Facility In-charge with tasks that relate to instrument maintenance and upgradation, and facility users with tasks relating to imaging.
- be required to update themselves with new hardware and software, and assist with biological sample preparation or any other imaging-specific tasks that are required by the scientists.
- be required to help with training students and ensuring that they are well-versed with safe and optimal usage of the various EM instruments.
* MSc with experience in EM imaging is desirable but not compulsory
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to train, teach students and trainees for their proteomics projects.
- Willingness to build a facility for wide usage, with the emphasis on method development, and sample analysis.
- Curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness, and willingness to work within the mandates of the institutes.
- Strong team spirit and work ethic.
Compensation will be based on Qualification and Experience. The position is on a Contract basis, initially for a period of one year and further extensions will be based on the performance assessment.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The last date is 02 June 2019.