Eligible MSc Life Sciences candidates can apply for Junior Research Fellow vacancy at NIBMG. NIBMG – National Institute of Biomedical Genomics is hiring for Life Science Project Position. MSc Life Science Project Position. Check out the details given below:
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL GENOMICS
P.O.: N.S.S., Kalyani 741251, West Bengal
Walk-In-Interview will be held for the position of Project Linked Persons for extramural projects in National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG), Kalyani.
Project Name (With code): A multi-centric effort towards understanding genetic architecture underlying hereditary non-syndromic hearing loss (NSHL) in India Project code: 20293.
Name of Position: Junior Research Fellow (01)
Remuneration Per Month: INR 25,000/- Fixed, with other monthly emoluments as sanctioned by the funding authority.
Essential Qualifications: M.Sc. in Life Science or equivalent with NET or DBT-BET Category-II or ICMR-JRF Category II.
- Experience in handling of software packages and databases
- Experience in handling DNA sequence/genotyping data
Nature of Duty
- Collection samples from collaborating institute i.e. IPGMER, Kolkata
- Project-specific experimental and data analysis activities
- Contribute scientifically to project outcome
Project description: Hearing is a complex biological process and so are the causes of hearing impairment. While we have a large genetically deaf population in this country, our knowledge about the specific causes behind the disorder is almost nonexistent. In this collaborative, we propose to create a high-resolution genomic architecture behind hereditary hearing impairment.
The project is built upon common scientific interests and goals of the participating investigators who aim to create a strong knowledge-base for deafness genetics in the country and evolve high-quality genetic care for families with this disability.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to report on June 18 (Tuesday) by 9:30 AM at NIBMG with the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae along with reprints of publications, if any
- One Passport- size coloured Photograph \
- Original along with Self-Attested Copies of Certificates of Educational Qualifications
- Original along with Self-Attested Copies of Experience Certificates
- Original along with Self-Attested Copy of Govt. issued Photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/Voter Card/Driving License) (PAN card is not acceptable)