MSc Biological Sciences Admission For Session 2019-2020
The University of Trans-disciplinary Health Sciences and Technology invites applications for MSc Biological Sciences Admission – Bioinformatics & Functional Genomics by Research program.
Master of Science (Biological Sciences) – Bioinformatics & Functional Genomics by Research
Genomics is one of the revolutions in science which interconnect scientists from different fields such as, cell biology, molecular biology, computer science, etc.
Human genome sequencing exploded the life science research where scientists initiated scanning the entire genome to identify coding and regulatory regions which might be involved in phenotyping and various diseases conditions.
- The low-cost sequencing made us possible to sequence/decode the genome of many species including humans.
- As life diversity enormous, scientists all over the world are decoding DNA of organisms in a rapid rate to understand the sequence arrangement and its role in improving health, diagnosis, crop improvements, etc.
About the Master of Science (Biological Sciences)
This program will provide an insight into biological data which would help the students in data acquisition, representation, retrieval, visualization and their analysis from genomics and proteomics perspective.
- DNA SCIENCE and Genetics
- Genomics of Plants, animals and microbes
- Next Generation Sequencing Technologies (NGS)
- Whole Genome Sequencing and Analysis
- Multi-Omics (Proteogenomics, Transcriptomics and Metabolomics)
- System biology
- Genome Editing and Synthetic Biology
- Big Genomic Data Analysis
- Basic of computing (Linux) and high-end server
- Programming Languages
- Genome databases
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Industrial Exposure
- Current research demands big data scientists.
- Industrial exposure.
- The Genomics market has been valued at USD 13.45 Billion in 2016 and is expected to grow USD 23.88 Billion by 2022.
- Bioinformatics Market was valued at $3.4 billion and is expected to reach $12.8 billion by 2020.
- DNA diagnostics market is expected to garner $19 billion by 2020.
Candidates from any stream Biology (LifeSciences, Biotechnology, Genetics, Genomics, Medicine, Agriculture, Bio-Informatics, Biological Sciences, Microbiology, Marine Biology, Veterinary, Animal Sciences, Ayurveda, Conservation, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Pathology) Engineering (Computer science and other disciplines) Commerce (Economics, Business Management) Arts (Sociology) Industry sector.
How to Apply
Download the application form below. Fill up the application form and send it to the address mentioned below along with Rs 500 /- DD.
Last date for Admission: July 15, 2019
Contact Prof. Malali Gowda Phone: 9742572131, Email us: email@example.com