Department of Anthropology University of Delhi Delhi-110007, India
Applications on plain paper are invited from eligible candidates for the Field Investigator positions in a research project “Longitudinal assessment of metabolomic changes during pregnancy on foetal growth”. These positions are purely on a temporary basis for one year which may be extended up to one more year depending upon the performance of the candidate in the project (which will be evaluated in every 3 months) and available funds.
Position: Field Investigator
Emoluments: Rs. 22,000/- Or Rs. 25,000# Consolidated Salary per month
No. of posts: 2
Essential Qualification: B.Sc. MLT / M.Sc. MLT OR B.H.M.S./B.A.M.S. OR M.Sc. in any branch of life science/ M.Sc. Anthropology/ M.Sc. Biochemistry/ Biomedical M.Sc. Zoology/ Master in Public Health/ M.Sc. Epidemiology/ Clinical Epidem. M.Sc. Biomedical Science.
- Experience of 6 months to 1 year in – conducting fieldwork
- Experience in intravenous blood collection
Job Profile [Field Investigator]
- He/She has to conduct fieldwork in Bikaner on regular basis and ensure smooth conduct of fieldwork to achieve the research objectives of the project.
- Establish rapport and convince people for participation in the study, fill the research schedules, and take the biological measurements.
- Appropriate labeling, collection, processing and storage of blood sample. Ready to help the team for any aspect of fieldwork and troubleshooting of problems.
- Responsible for calibration, maintenance, security of instruments.
- Regular data entry from research schedules.
- Help the project coordinator in various activities related to the project.
- Regularly update the progress in fieldwork to principal investigator.
- Available at the time of deliveries :(even at midnight), if any, in labor room of the hospital for sample collection
- Since the project is on pregnant women, therefore, staff needs to be available even on holidays due to the nature of the project.
- Any other work related to the research project.
Since the fieldwork of the project will be conducted in Bikaner, Rajasthan, therefore, all the advertised positions will be strictly based in Bikaner, Rajasthan. The overall objective of the project staff will be to collect high-quality data from the field site in a timely manner. Therefore, we are seeking candidates who are highly interested and motivated in working consistently in Bikaner, Rajasthan
How to apply for Field Investigator post
The applications on plain paper along with relevant documents and resume (with contact details) be sent or emailed to the undersigned within 21 days from the date of publication of this advertisement. No TA /DA shall be paid for attending the interview. The shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of the project requirements and interview of the shortlisted candidates which will be conducted in the Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi (North Campus), Delhi-1,1007, India.
Last Date: 10th June 2019
Applications can be sent by Email or Post to:
Dr. Vipin Gupta
Department of Anthropology
University of Delhi (North Campus), Delhi-110007 email@example.com
- Qualification/degree should be from a recognized Institution/University.
- Mere fulfilling the essential qualification/experience does not guarantee the selection.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- No TA/DA will be paid either for attending the interview or joining the post.
- Candidates must bring along with them all the relevant documents in original and one set of self-attested photocopies of the same and one passport size recent color photograph.
- The conditions of employment will be the same as for the project staff on a contract basis. The candidates have no right to claim for any regular employment at the institute.
- Training related to data collection will be given to the project staff and they are expected to learn and follow it thoroughly before the real data collection.
- Performance of the candidate after recruitment will be evaluated in every 3 months and if found unsatisfactory may consequent to immediate termination of job offer.
- Any dereliction of duty and irresponsible attitude may consequent to immediate termination of job offer.